Lower Your 2016 Chevrolet Impala Car Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the best price on Chevy Impala insurance. They can either spend hours driving around trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to buy auto insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage on a Chevy and locate the lowest price from local insurance agents and online providers.
Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. Drivers only need to know the most efficient way to get comparison rates online.
Why your insurance premiums might be higher
Many things are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more obscure such as your marital status and annual miles driven.A large part of saving on insurance coverage is knowing the rating factors that aid in calculating insurance coverage rates. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in cheaper rates.
The following are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
- Use but don’t abuse your insurance – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies generally give better rates to drivers who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Better credit means lower premiums – Having a bad credit rating will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit rating could use some work, you could save money insuring your 2016 Chevrolet Impala by spending a little time repairing your credit. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have poor credit scores.
- Raise physical damage deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your Chevy. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a broken windshield, hitting a deer, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more damage repair cost you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance coverage on Impala insurance.
- Always have insurance coverage – Not maintaining insurance is a misdemeanor and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you fines or a revoked license. You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department.
- Get a ticket, pay higher rates – Having a clean driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Getting just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Drivers who have received multiple tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
How to get cheap car insurance
Getting a more affordable price on 2016 Chevy Impala insurance is a great way to save money. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes comparing rate quotes to find the company with affordable auto insurance quotes. Price comparisons can be done by following the guidelines below.
Probably the best way consumers can make multiple comparisons would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This form keeps you from doing a different quote for every car insurance company. Just one form will get you price quotes from car insurance companies with the best prices. Just one form and you’re done.
A slightly less efficient method to find better pricing is going to each company website and request a quote. For examples sake, let’s assume you need rates from Liberty Mutual, Farmers and American Family. You would be required to spend time going to each site individually and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
The most difficult way to find lower rates is to spend time driving to different agent offices. Comparing rate quotes online makes this unnecessary unless you have a need for the professional advice that only an agent can give. If you prefer, some companies allow you to compare online quotes but buy the policy through an agent.
The method you choose is up to you, but compare identical information with each company. If each company quotes mixed coverages then you won’t be able to make an equal comparison.
Well known brands might not be cheapest
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings from the likes of Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to convey the message that drivers will save a bundle if you get a free auto insurance quote and switch your car insurance coverage to their company.
How do they all sell you cheaper insurance coverage? It’s all in how they say it.
Most companies give the best rates for the type of customer that will not have excessive claims. An example of this type of risk profile may need to be a female over age 40, has a clean driving record, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Anyone that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and will probably save if they switch.
Drivers who do not match this stringent profile will be charged a higher premium which translates to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you listen closely, the ads state “drivers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much money. That’s why companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings. This really illustrates why you absolutely need to quote coverage with many companies. Because you cannot predict which car insurance company will give you the biggest savings.
More discounts mean cheaper premiums
Some providers don’t always list every disount available very well, so the list below details a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy auto insurance online.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on auto insurance quote as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can save you some money since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Paperless Signup – Some larger companies will give you a small discount for signing up over the internet.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% on Impala insurance compared to accident prone drivers.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your policy premium.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- Travelers may include discounts for new car, IntelliDrive, early quote, multi-car, save driver, student away at school, and continuous insurance.
- 21st Century offers discounts for driver training, theft prevention, teen driver, air bags, defensive driver, automatic seat belts, and good student.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, multiple autos, safe vehicle, good student, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, daytime running lights, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for safe driver, homeowner, drive less, anti-theft, multi-car, and accident prevention training.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good student, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in your state. To choose auto insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above, click here.
It’s not one size fits all
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Is my 2016 Chevy Impala covered for smoke damage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like attorney fees, legal defense fees and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like surgery, chiropractic care, ambulance fees, pain medications and rehabilitation expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hail damage, theft, fire damage and hitting a deer. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Never pay more for less
When you buy auto insurance online, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims, high prices or being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
Some companies do not offer online price quotes regional carriers work with independent agents. Cheaper auto insurance can be found from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection.
Much more information about auto insurance is located at the links below
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area