Cheapest 2017 Chevrolet Impala Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 6, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
If you’re looking for lower-priced insurance, are you baffled by the sheer number of car insurance providers in your area? consumers have so many choices that it is a burden to find the lowest price.
Compare insurance rates
There are multiple methods you can shop for insurance but there is one way that is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can spend your afternoon discussing policy coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you can utilize online quotes to maximize your effort.
Many popular insurance companies belong to a marketplace where prospective buyers send in one quote, and each participating company returns a rated price based on the submitted data. This eliminates the need for form submissions for each company.
To compare rates now click here (opens in new window).
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make absolute certain that you use the same information on every price quote you get. If you use different data you can’t possibly determine which rate is truly the best. Just slight variations in insurance coverages or limits could throw off the whole comparison. And when quoting insurance, remember that comparing all the rates in your area will increase your chances of finding better pricing.
Take advantage of with these five discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction on Impala coverage but check with your company.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can save you money because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower insurancerates if you buy life insurance.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow their company to track vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Larger insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good driver, multi-policy, good student, accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for good student, location of vehicle, anti-theft, annual mileage, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for easy pay, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, defensive driving, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, multi-policy, and five-year accident-free.
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, good driver, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, pay-in-full, multi-car, and good student.
If you need cheaper car insurance quotes, ask every company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in your area.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When choosing coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your 2017 Chevy Impala.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like theft, vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Impala caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills like prosthetic devices, surgery, EMT expenses and funeral costs. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical services, legal defense fees, attorney fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Get your money’s worth
We just showed you many ways to get a better price on 2017 Chevy Impala insurance. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest premium rates are with the least-expected company.
Lower-priced insurance can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not offer rates over the internet and these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area