Cheapest 2020 Chevrolet Impala Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 6, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Chevrolet Impala? Do you get exhausted from sacrificing to pay insurance coverage each month? Your situation is no different than most other vehicle owners. With vehicle owners having so many choices of insurance companies, it can be impossible to choose a more affordable insurer.
The quickest method to compare car insurance company rates is to take advantage of the fact car insurance companies participate in online systems to compare their rates. To get started, all you need to do is provide information such as what your job is, if it has an alarm system, driver ages, and how much coverage you want. That information is instantly submitted to insurance companies and they respond with quotes within a short period of time.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may find discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but some discounts are required to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Resident Student – who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less for Impala coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to spy on driving habits by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Paperwork-free – Certain larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up over the internet.
- Theft Deterent – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Larger car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include early shopping, alternative fuel, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, multi-car, and business and professional.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, membership and employees, daytime running lights, good student, and air bags.
- American Family includes discounts for defensive driver, good student, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, early bird, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- Nationwide discounts include Farm Bureau membership, good student, family plan, accident-free, anti-theft, and business or organization.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, and good student.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some discounts may not be available in every state. To see providers with significant discounts, enter your zip code here.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2020 Chevy Impala?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- What if I total my 2020 Chevy Impala and owe more than it’s worth?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete your zip code. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Car insurance coverages for a Chevy Impala
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverage types found on the average auto insurance policy.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer, a broken windshield and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2020 Chevy Impala.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
This will pay to fix damage to your Impala caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims like loss of income, funeral expenses and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses like dental work, EMT expenses and pain medications. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Never pay more for less
When you buy insurance coverage online, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
There are still a few companies who do not offer rate quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent agencies. Discount 2020 Chevy Impala insurance is available online and with local insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best rate selection.
More information can be found at these links:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area