Cheaper 2018 Chevrolet Impala Car Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 6, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay high insurance rates every month? You’re in the same situation as many other consumers. Multiple car insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies and get the best coverage at the best price available.
It’s a great practice to shop coverage around before your policy renews because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the lowest rates on Impala insurance last year you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the tricks you need to know to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Compare car insurance quotes online
All the larger car insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate allow consumers to get prices for coverage online. The process doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply type in into a form. Once you submit the form, their quoting system will order reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information based on the information you submitted. Quoting online makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the process of having to visit multiple sites and type in the same information is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it is imperative to perform this step in order to find a better rate.
Quote rates the easy way
A quicker way to get multiple rate quotes is to use a quote form that analyzes rates from many companies. The form is fast, requires less work, and makes price shopping online much easier. Immediately after you send the form, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any one of the pricing results.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. This process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
To compare rates now, click here to open in a new tab and submit the form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you are getting a rate comparison using the exact same coverages.
Take advantage of these rate-reducing discounts
Some insurers don’t always list all disounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Impala insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount may save as much as 25% on a car insurance quote. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for several vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but some companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Sign Online – Certain companies provide a small discount shop car insurance on your computer.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable their company to track driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Theft Deterent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
If you would like to view auto insurance companies who offer cheap auto insurance quotes, click here to view.
Insurance cost influencing factors
It’s important that you understand the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in big savings. Many factors are considered when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but some are more transparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
- Maintain car insurance coverage – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may have to file a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Accidents can increase prices – Whether or not you get tickets influences premium rates substantially. Having just one citation could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Attentive drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have received multiple violations like reckless driving or DUI may be required to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Certain employers pay higher premiums – Careers such as military personnelairline pilots and accountants usually pay higher average rates in part from high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, professions such as farmers, students and performers generally pay rates lower than average on Impala insurance.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Having an address in areas with lower population is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Urban drivers have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Less people means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Do thieves like your car? – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Compare rates if you combine your policies – Most larger insurers apply better rates to clients that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, consumers should still shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a good possibility that you can save even more than the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions might point out if your situation may require specific advice.
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Who is covered by my policy?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Consumers can’t get away from ads for the lowest price insurance coverage by companies like State Farm and Allstate. They all seem to make the same claim that you can save just by switching to their company.
That’s great but how can every company say the same thing? Just pay attention to how they say it.
All companies have an ideal profile for the type of customer that earns them the most money. An example of this type of insured might be described as between 30 and 50, has no claims, and has a high credit rating. A customer that matches those criteria will probably get cheap car insurance rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who do not fit the ideal profile will see higher premiums and this can result in the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “all people who quote” save that much. That is how companies can truthfully claim big savings.
That is why it is so important to get car insurance quotes from several different companies. Because you cannot predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Specific coverages for a Chevy Impala
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims like legal defense fees, medical expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Impala.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses for X-ray expenses, surgery, chiropractic care and pain medications. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays for damage to your Impala resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from getting keyed, fire damage and vandalism. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Buy online or local, you save
Lower-priced auto insurance is definitely available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to reduce 2018 Chevy Impala insurance premium rates online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. They may only write in your state and offer lower prices than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More detailed auto insurance information is available in the articles below:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area