Cheapest 2009 Chevrolet Impala Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 27, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Chevrolet Impala? Finding lower rates for auto insurance is always challenging for consumers new to buying insurance online. There are so many companies to choose from that it can easily become more work than you anticipated to compare prices.
It’s a good idea to get comparison quotes occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the best deal on Impala insurance a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. Starting now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the fastest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
How to Get Lower Rates on Chevy Impala Insurance
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for all your vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Cheap Car Insurance Comparisons
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways to compare quotes from local car insurance companies. The recommended way to find the lowest 2009 Chevy Impala rates is simply to get online rate quotes. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- One of the best ways consumers can analyze rates is a comparison rater form. This form saves time by eliminating a different quote for each company. One form submission gets rate comparisons from multiple low-cost companies. This is by far the quickest method.
Whichever way you use, make darn sure you compare identical deductibles and coverage limits with each company. If the quotes have different limits and deductibles on each one you will not be able to truly determine the lowest rate. Slightly different coverages may result in a large difference in cost. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing a large number of companies helps you find a lower rate.
Which factors determine Chevy Impala insurance costs?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into rates.
- High deductibles save money – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply would be running into the backend of another car, a collision with an animal, or theft. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance on Impala insurance.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Teenage drivers tend to be more careless when driving so auto insurance rates are higher. Having to add a young driver to your policy can be quite pricey. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are many additional coverages you can purchase on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for roadside assistance, better glass coverage and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Chevy Impala earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Tailor Your Coverage to You
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Does my 2009 Chevy Impala qualify for pleasure use?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
If you’re looking for a big and comfortable sedan that won’t break the bank, the 2009 Chevrolet Impala will meet your needs. Find out how much is a 2009 Chevy Impala worth.
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses for things like pain medications, EMT expenses, prosthetic devices and dental work. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things such as court costs, funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects, legal defense fees and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Collision coverage protection
This pays for damage to your Impala from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hail damage, hitting a bird and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions and even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance companies can be less work than you think.
Budget-conscious 2009 Chevy Impala insurance is attainable on the web and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually, these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to reduce insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest premiums are with a lesser-known regional company.
More detailed insurance information is located by following these links:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area