Cheapest 2010 Chevrolet Impala Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find low-cost insurance for a Chevy Impala can normally be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to find lower rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance coverage and you need to know the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a new or used Chevy and obtain the best price possible.
It’s important to check insurance coverage prices quite often since rates change quite often. Just because you had the best price on Impala insurance a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. You can find a lot of wrong information about insurance coverage online, so we’re going to give you some guaranteed methods to slash your insurance coverage rates.
Pricing more affordable insurance coverage is simple if you know the tricks. If you have a policy now or need new coverage, you can learn to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. Vehicle owners just need to learn the tricks to compare company rates on the web.
Some factors that can determine what Chevy Impala insurance costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower car insurance prices.
- Lower rates come with age – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel. Teen drivers have a tendency to be more careless behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Your location affects your rates – Residing in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when it comes to car insurance. Urban drivers have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer people means fewer accidents.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are quite a few additional coverages that can waste your money when buying car insurance. Coverages for roadside assistance, accident forgiveness and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment initially, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Always keep insurance in force – Driving without insurance is illegal and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage can result in a revoked license or a big fine.You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state department of motor vehicles.
Free Quotes for Insurance Coverage
Finding a lower price on 2010 Chevy Impala insurance is surprisingly easy. All you need to do is spend a little time to compare quotes from different insurance companies. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The most efficient way to get quotes for comparison would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This easy form saves time by eliminating multiple quote forms to each individual insurance coverage company. A single, simple form compares rates instantly.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just be sure to compare apples-to-apples quote information on every quote you get. If the quotes have different values for each quote you can’t possibly determine the lowest rate for your Chevy Impala.
How much can you save with discounts?
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before they will apply. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a driver safety course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who live away from home and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% on Impala insurance depending on your company.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break simply for signing online.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your premiums.
How much car insurance do I need?
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if you will benefit from professional help.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Should I buy full coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance policy specifics
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Chevy Impala.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as attorney fees, court costs, medical expenses and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
This coverage covers damage to your Impala resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as prosthetic devices, ambulance fees and funeral costs. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as rock chips in glass, falling objects and hitting a bird. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Cheap 2010 Chevy Impala insurance is attainable online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions and even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When you buy insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
More information can be found at these links:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area