Cheapest 2013 Scion xB Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 27, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Have you fallen victim to an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are many consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance. Many car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive best rate
If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these tips to find the best rates and still get good coverage. Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers only need to know the most effective way to get comparison quotes on the web.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the more common as well as the least known insurance coverage savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount on xB coverage with a few insurance coverage companies.
- College Student – Children who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance coverage policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of companies with the best insurance coverage discounts, click here to view.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the trick most of the larger companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with a free rate quote. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them rating details including your credit rating estimate, if you’re married, how your vehicles are used, and coverage limits. That rating data is automatically sent to insurance companies and you receive quotes with very little delay.
To compare rates for a 2013 Scion xB now, click here and enter your zip code.
Scion xB insurance premiums are calculated by many factors
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in big savings.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – A bad driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Good drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Just one moving violation can increase rates by twenty percent. If you have flagrant violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Liability insurance protects assets – The liability section of your policy will protect you if a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Being married can save on auto insurance – Getting married can actually save you money on auto insurance. It is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- High numbers of claims are not good – If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies provide better rates to insureds who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions may help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- When should I not file a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How can GEICO, State Farm and Progressive save drivers who switch?
Drivers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings by GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the companies make an identical promise that you’ll save big after switching to their company.
But how can every company say the same thing?
All the different companies can use profiling for the driver that earns them a profit. A good example of a preferred risk might be between the ages of 40 and 55, is a homeowner, and has great credit. Any new insured who fits that profile receives the best rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile must pay a more expensive rate which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. This is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings. This illustrates why it is so important to compare as many rates as you can. It is impossible to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest Scion xB insurance rates.
Auto insurance coverages explained
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Auto collision coverage
This will pay to fix damage to your xB resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for pain medications, chiropractic care, EMT expenses and funeral costs. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as medical expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as hitting a deer, a broken windshield, theft and rock chips in glass. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Scion xB.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
More effort can pay off
When you buy insurance online, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Budget-conscious 2013 Scion xB insurance is definitely available online and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just covered a lot of techniques to reduce insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area