Cheapest 2005 Scion xB Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buyers have lots of choices when searching for the lowest priced Scion xB insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a better way to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates for a Scion and locate the best price possible from local insurance agents and online providers.
Parts of the Scion xB rate equation
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate rates.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that you can buy on your car insurance policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage and motor club memberships are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women cause accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- More claims means more premium – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies provide lower rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Your credit rating is important – Your credit score is a important factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2005 Scion xB by improving your rating. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have poor credit.
- Save money with special equipment – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder car theft.
- Pay less if you’re married – Being married can get you a discount on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature and responsible and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Occupations like real estate brokers, architects and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates because of high stress levels and lengthy work days. Other occupations like scientists, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates for xB coverage.
- More miles equals more premium – The more miles you rack up on your Scion each year the more you will pay for car insurance. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based on their usage. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your xB may be costing you. Verify your car insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven.
Car Insurance Prices Online
Most companies such as Allstate and Progressive allow you to get prices directly from their websites. Getting quotes doesn’t take much effort as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. After you submit the form the company’s rating system obtains your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote.
This streamlines rate comparisons, but the time it takes to visit many different websites and fill out multiple forms can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get better car insurance pricing.
The smarter way to locate the lowest prices makes use of a single form that gets price quotes from several different companies. The form is fast, requires much less work on your part, and makes online shopping a lot less work. After your information is entered, it is rated and you can select any one of the pricing results.
If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and buy the new coverage. It takes 15 minutes at the most and may result in a nice savings.
If you want to compare pricing, click here to open in a new tab and fill out the form. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you duplicate deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you will have comparison quotes for exact coverage.
How to reduce 2005 Scion xB insurance rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but a few need to be manually applied before they will apply. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% for xB coverage with a few auto insurance companies.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10% for xB coverage.
- Driver Safety – Taking a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut the amount you have to pay.
Insurance companies that may have these discounts include:
Check with each company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be available in your state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you could use an agent’s help.
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What is no-fault insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays for damage to your xB caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird, rock chips in glass and theft. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills for surgery, funeral costs, pain medications and ambulance fees. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical expenses, structural damage, legal defense fees and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Be a smart shopper
Cost effective 2005 Scion xB insurance is definitely available on the web in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund, high prices or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate.
More detailed auto insurance information is available in the articles below:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area