Cheapest 2012 Scion xB Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Scion xB? Nobody looks forward to buying insurance coverage, in particular when the cost is way too high.
There are many auto insurance companies to pick from, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, it can be more difficult to compare company pricing.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rates is to know the fact most of the larger companies participate in online systems to give rate comparisons. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them some information such as if you are currently licensed, how much education you have, if a SR-22 is required, and if you lease or own. Your details is then sent to multiple top-rated companies and you should receive rate quotes instantly.
To compare rates for a now, click here and see if a lower rate is available.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Car insurance companies don’t list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on xB coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Distant Student – Kids in college who live away from home without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home can help you save on auto insurance because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
For a list of insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions can help discover if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- If my 2012 Scion xB is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Learn about auto insurance coverages for a Scion xB
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your xB resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims like hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like dental work, EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care and doctor visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as theft, falling objects and hitting a bird. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Auto liability insurance
This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects, loss of income and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Scion xB.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Get your money’s worth
When you buy insurance online, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate.
We just covered many tips how you can save on 2012 Scion xB insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area