Cheapest 2011 BMW 3 Series Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 15, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance for a BMW 3 Series could be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to find lower rates. There are ways you can bring down your 2011 BMW 328i insurance cost.
There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance coverage so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages on a BMW and obtain the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can follow these tips to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Buying more affordable car insurance coverage is simple if you know the tricks. Vehicle owners just need to know the tricks to find the lowest price online.
Verify You’re Getting All the Discounts on Your 2011 BMW 3 Series Insurance
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available to help offset the cost. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be manually applied before you get the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will bring down your overall premium however.
Companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
- American Family
- The Hartford
Double check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your area.
What Determines Your BMW 3 Series Insurance Premium
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates enables informed choices that can help you get better insurance rates.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, damage from fire, and burglary. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance for 3 Series coverage.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your insurance policy. Marriage means you’re more responsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like lawyers, executives and accountants tend to pay higher rates than average due to high stress and long work days. On the flip side, jobs such as pilots, athletes and homemakers have the lowest average rates for 3 Series coverage.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Having a bad credit score is a important factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower ratings. If your credit score is low, you could pay less to insure your 2011 BMW 3 Series by improving your rating.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping car theft.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a guaranteed way to pay more for insurance. And not only will your rates increase, but not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.You may have to file a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When should I talk to an agent?
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Auto Insurance Coverages Explained
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like rock chips in glass, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Med Pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for things like ambulance fees, X-ray expenses and funeral costs. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your BMW 3 Series.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability Car Insurance
This can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims like attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible.
Coverage for Collisions
This pays for damage to your 3 Series resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Make a Quick Buck
In this article, we covered many ways to save on 2011 BMW 3 Series insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even find the best prices are with the least-expected company.
Cheaper insurance is available both online as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area