Cheapest 2007 BMW 3 Series Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 13, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper 2007 BMW 328i insurance cost? No one looks forward to paying for insurance, especially when 2007 BMW 3 Series insurance costs are too high.
Companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate constantly bombard you with advertising, and it can be hard to see past the corporate glitz and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
You should take the time to price shop coverage at least once a year because prices are constantly changing. Even if you got the best rates on 3 Series coverage last year, you will most likely find a better rate today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about insurance on the internet, so by reading this article, you’re going to learn a lot of great tips on how to find cheap insurance.
These factors can influence what you pay for 2007 BMW 3 Series Insurance
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that go into determining your insurance coverage rates. Knowing what influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are some item’s insurance coverage companies consider when setting premiums.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your BMW 3 Series has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – The majority of insurers will award you with lower prices to people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Do you need this extra coverage?– There are many extra bells and whistles that you can buy when buying insurance coverage. Things like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage and membership fees are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed, so remove them from your policy.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping car theft.
- Do you have a highly stressful job? – Did you know your insurance coverage rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations such as doctors, executives and financial analysts have higher average rates because of stressful work requirements and long work days. Conversely, professions such as scientists, engineers and homemakers get better rates on 3 Series coverage.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Auto insurance companies give discounts to people who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy of non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Take discounts and save on 2007 BMW 3 Series Insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list all their discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Airbag Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of up to 30%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount of up to 45% less on 3 Series coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies permit an accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverage such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Which policy gives me the best 2007 BMW 3 Series Insurance coverage?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique, and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverage that can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent.
Parts of your insurance policy
Learning about the specific coverage of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can be changed by endorsement. These are the usual coverage options offered by insurance companies.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance covers damage to your 3 Series caused by a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle and sustaining damage from a pothole. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical expense coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as prosthetic devices, funeral costs and pain medications. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants as well as if you are hit while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance pays to prevent your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible, then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hitting a deer, damage from flooding, theft and fire damage. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your BMW 3 Series.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Auto liability insurance – This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50.That means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, emergency aid and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it is cheap coverage, so purchase higher limits if possible.
One last thing about your coverage
We just presented many ideas to reduce 2007 BMW 3 Series insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than compared to the big – name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Affordable insurance can be sourced online in addition to many insurance agents, and you must comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not provide online quoting and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
Collision insurance covers damage to your 2007 BMW 3 Series caused by a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area