Cheapest 1995 BMW 3 Series Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Have you fallen victim to an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me when I say you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse. Numerous insurers battle for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the absolute best price available.
If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Finding the best rates is not rocket science. Vehicle owners just need to understand the best way to get comparison rates on the web.
Save big with these discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be manually applied before you get the savings. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house can help you save on insurance coverage because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for switching to them before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get reduced rates for 3 Series coverage.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will reduce your overall premium however.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply in your state.
Why your BMW 3 Series insurance rates may be high
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates enables informed choices that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the items insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The more miles you rack up on your BMW each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Vehicles left parked in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect usage on your 3 Series can result in significantly higher rates.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your BMW. Examples of covered claims could be a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be for 3 Series coverage.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your BMW 3 Series scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Your location affects your rates – Choosing to live in a small town is a positive aspect when talking about insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Your credit rating is important – Credit rating is a important factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1995 BMW 3 Series by repairing your credit.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 1995 BMW 3 Series?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for cheaper car insurance by Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to make an identical promise that you can save if you change to their company.
But how can every company make almost identical claims?
All companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a profitable customer might be profiled as between the ages of 40 and 55, insures multiple vehicles, and has a short commute. Any driver who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who do not match the “perfect” profile will have to pay higher premiums which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That is how insurance companies can advertise the savings.
Because of the profiling, it’s extremely important to get as many quotes as possible. Because you never know which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on BMW 3 Series insurance.
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like fire damage, damage from getting keyed, damage from flooding and hail damage. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills such as doctor visits, funeral costs, pain medications, dental work and rehabilitation expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims such as pain and suffering, emergency aid and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 1995 BMW 3 Series.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Better coverage you can count on
Discount 1995 BMW 3 Series insurance can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers don’t offer online quoting and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
When you buy insurance online, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area