Cheapest 2010 Volvo XC70 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 14, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Drivers have many options when trying to find affordable Volvo XC70 insurance. They can either waste time driving around trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates. There are more efficient ways to buy insurance coverage and you need to know the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for your Volvo and obtain the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
You should take the time to check insurance coverage prices once or twice a year since rates are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the best rates on XC70 insurance a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. There is too much inaccurate information about insurance coverage online, so we’re going to give you some tested techniques to quit paying high insurance coverage rates.
Factors that might impact rates for a Volvo XC70
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better insurance coverage rates.
The list below includes some of the factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Liability coverage is the protection when a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance coverage will be on XC70 insurance.
- Men fork out a little more – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. They both cause accidents at a similar rate, but the males have costlier accidents. They also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Young males are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high insurance coverage rates.
- Discounts for married couples – Getting married can get you a discount on your insurance coverage policy. It translates into being more mature and responsible and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- Lower rates come with age – Teen drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so insurance coverage rates are higher. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – A driver’s credit history is a important factor in determining what you pay for insurance coverage. If your credit score is not that good, you could save money insuring your 2010 Volvo XC70 by repairing your credit. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are many additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your insurance coverage policy. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, accidental death and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
How to Lower Your Auto Insurance Cost
All the larger auto insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO give prices on the web. Getting online quotes is fairly simple as you simply type in your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, the system obtains your driving and credit reports and quotes a price based on these factors.
Quoting online simplifies rate comparisons, but the work required to visit a lot of sites and enter the same data into a form is repetitive and time-consuming. But it is imperative to perform this step if you want to find better prices.
A less time-consuming method to find better auto insurance pricing uses one form to obtain quotes from several companies at one time. This type of form saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes comparison shopping a little more enjoyable. As soon as the form is sent, it is rated and you can choose any or none of the resulting price quotes. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can click and sign and purchase coverage. It can be completed in less than 10 minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, click here to open in new window and submit your coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you duplicate the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will be getting rate quotes for exact coverage.
Save $407 a year. For real?
Consumers can’t get away from ads for the lowest price auto insurance by companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to make an identical promise about savings if you switch to them.
How can each company claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that makes them money. A good example of a profitable customer might be over the age of 50, has no tickets, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for the requirements will have to pay more money which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That’s why companies can advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to compare as many rates as you can. It’s just too difficult to predict which car insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the best known as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application digitally online.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for auto insurance on XC70 insurance.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount on XC70 insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for signing up before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies that may offer some of the above discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply in your state.
Situations that might require an agent
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Knowing the specifics of car insurance aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your XC70 from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses for hospital visits, rehabilitation expenses and chiropractic care. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer, a broken windshield, theft and hail damage. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your 2010 Volvo XC70.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as emergency aid, medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Buy Smart and Save
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford.
You just learned many ideas to compare 2010 Volvo XC70 insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the lowest premiums are with an unexpected company.
Discount insurance can be purchased online and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional information is available at these links:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area