Cheapest 2004 Volvo C70 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower insurance coverage rates for your Volvo C70? Feel like you’re a prisoner to overpriced insurance coverage? Trust us when we tell you there are many consumers feeling the pinch from expensive insurance coverage.
Big companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO all promote huge savings with advertising and it can be hard to see past the corporate glitz and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to save some money using this strategy. Buying car insurance is easy if you know what you’re doing. But car owners must understand how big insurance companies price insurance differently and apply this information to your search.
Free Quotes for Insurance
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from insurance companies in your area. The quickest method to find the lowest 2004 Volvo C70 rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
The first (and easiest) way to find low rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This type of form eliminates the need for a different quote to each individual insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form compares rates from multiple low-cost companies.
A less efficient way to compare prices consists of visiting the website of each company to request a price quote. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want rates from Farmers, State Farm and GEICO. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
The hardest method of comparing rate quotes is to drive around to local insurance agencies. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the professional advice that only a license agent can provide. You can, however, compare online quotes and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll cover that in a bit.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make darn sure you compare identical coverage information with each company. If you have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be next to impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Volvo C70. Slightly different coverages can result in a big premium difference. And when price shopping your coverage, getting more free quotes will improve the odds of getting the best price.
Verify you’re getting all your discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but a few must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less when compared with bad drivers.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Driver Safety – Taking a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on C70 insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount on C70 insurance with select insurance companies.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when buying insurance coverage on C70 insurance.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall premium however.
To see a list of insurers with discount insurance coverage rates, click here.
Factors that can influence insurance rates for a Volvo C70
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine your rates.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a fast way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Teen drivers are known to be less responsible when behind the wheel therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Did you know your insurance coverage rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like judges, social workers and accountants tend to have higher rates than average due to job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, occupations like farmers, athletes and performers receive lower rates on C70 insurance.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than bad drivers. Only having one ticket may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers who get serious violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
When should I talk to an agent?
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2004 Volvo C70?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Coverages available on your policy
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your 2004 Volvo C70.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage covers damage to your C70 from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like rock chips in glass, a broken windshield, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and falling objects. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses such as funeral costs, X-ray expenses, dental work and surgery. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. It protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things such as funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage on a shoestring budget
Low-cost 2004 Volvo C70 insurance can be purchased both online and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area