Cheapest 2005 Volvo XC70 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Expensive car insurance can empty your checking account, especially in this economy. Doing a price comparison is free and is an excellent way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Multiple insurers compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company and uncover the absolute best price available.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. But vehicle owners need to learn how insurance companies price online insurance and take advantage of how the system works.
How to Lower Your Insurance Coverage Cost
All the larger insurance coverage companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive provide prices on their websites. Getting online quotes is quite easy as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, the system will obtain your credit score and driving record and generates a price based on these factors. Being able to quote online streamlines rate comparisons, but the time required to go to different websites and complete many quote forms can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you want to find lower prices.
Rate comparisons made easy
The smarter way to locate the lowest prices makes use of a single form to get prices from multiple companies. It’s a real time-saver, reduces the work, and makes online quotes much more enjoyable. After sending the form, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy any or none of the price quotes you receive. If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. The whole process takes less than 15 minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To quickly find out if lower rates are available, click here to open in a new tab and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you replicate the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This ensures you will get comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
Factors that might impact rates for a Volvo XC70
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Credit rating is a big factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2005 Volvo XC70 by repairing your credit.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Only having one ticket can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Careful drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers with flagrant tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Men and women tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the men cause more damage. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Young males tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Pay less if you’re married – Getting married helps lower the price on auto insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The more miles you rack up on your Volvo in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Autos not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy shows how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect usage on your XC70 may be wasting your money.
Get lower rates on Volvo XC70 insurance
Companies don’t always publicize every discount very well, so here is a list some of the best known as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Volvo can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for better car insurance rates on XC70 coverage.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less on XC70 coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house can save you money because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts are:
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be offered in your state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions may help highlight whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the normal coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees, court costs and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2005 Volvo XC70.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and a broken windshield. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills like prosthetic devices, nursing services and surgery. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays for damage to your XC70 caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door, rolling your car, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Be a Smart Shopper
Discount 2005 Volvo XC70 insurance is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to shop for insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area