Cheapest 2010 Buick Lucerne Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper insurance rates for your Buick Lucerne? People who are new to comparison shopping online may find shopping for cheap insurance quite challenging.
Finding the best rates is not that difficult. Just about every vehicle owner who is shopping for insurance will be able to reduce their rates. Although vehicle owners should learn how the larger insurance companies compete online and use this information to your advantage.
How to Lower Your Auto Insurance Cost
Effectively comparing auto insurance prices can be a daunting task if you don’t utilize the easiest way. You can waste hours talking about coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use online quoting to get prices fast.
Most of the best insurance companies enroll in a system where prospective buyers only type in their quote data once, and each participating company returns a competitive quote determined by their information. This system prevents you from having to do quotation requests for each company you want a rate for. To get comparison pricing now click here (opens in new window).
The only drawback to using this type of system is you are unable to specify which insurance companies to get quotes from. So if you prefer to choose individual companies to compare rates, we put together a list of the cheapest auto insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you’re using apples-to-apples deductibles and coverage limits for every company. If you compare mixed coverages it’s not possible to find the best deal for your Buick Lucerne. Slightly different coverages could mean much higher rates. It’s important to know that getting more free quotes will improve the odds of getting the best price.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every available discount very well, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers can save substantially compared to bad drivers.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy on Lucerne insurance.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount on Lucerne insurance with a few car insurance companies.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts are:
- State Farm
- The Hartford
Double check with each insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Buick Lucerne rate determination is complex
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine car insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates enables informed choices that may reward you with lower car insurance prices.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Many insurers provide better rates to people who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like judges, social workers and financial analysts tend to have higher average rates due to stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations like scientists, engineers and performers receive lower rates on Lucerne insurance.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. They both tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving. Young males are the most expensive to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
- High deductibles save money – Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Buick from damage. Examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more money you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be on Lucerne insurance.
- Where you live can impact rates – Living in less populated areas has it’s advantages when it comes to car insurance. Urban drivers have to deal with congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – A bad driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Even one ticket can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. If you have flagrant violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
Beware of misleading auto insurance ads
Auto insurance providers like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm consistently run ads on TV and radio. They all make the same claim that you can save if you change your policy. How do they all say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies can use profiling for the type of customer that makes them money. An example of a preferred risk could possibly be a mature driver, owns a home, and chooses high deductibles. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Potential customers who are not a match for the “perfect” profile will have to pay higher rates which leads to business not being written. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. This is how insurance companies can make the claims of big savings. Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to get as many quotes as possible. Because you never know which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Auto insurance coverage basics
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses like doctor visits, pain medications, hospital visits, nursing services and funeral costs. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Buick Lucerne.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Lucerne from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hitting a deer, fire damage, theft and damage from flooding. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Best coverage at the best price
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims and not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider can be easier than you think.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Low-cost 2010 Buick Lucerne insurance can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area