Cheapest 2009 Buick Lucerne Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 24, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Nobody likes having to buy insurance, particularly when the cost is too high. With so many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be impossible to choose the cheapest car insurance company.
It’s a good idea to shop coverage around on a regular basis because rates change quite often. Just because you found the lowest rates for Lucerne coverage on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Starting now, ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest and easiest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Buying cheaper protection is quite easy. If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you can learn to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Drivers just need to understand how to compare rates on the web.
Car Insurance Comparison Rates
Comparing car insurance rates can take time and effort if you aren’t aware of the fastest way to get free quotes. You can spend countless hours driving to local insurance agents in your area, or you can stay home and use the web to quickly compare rates.
Most of the best insurance companies belong to an insurance system that allows shoppers to complete one form, and each participating company then gives them pricing for coverage. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions to every company. To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click to open in new window.
One minor caviat to comparing rates this way is you are unable to specify which insurance companies to get pricing from. If you would rather choose individual companies to receive pricing from, we have assembled a list of car insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
However you get your quotes, double check that you are using identical quote information for each price quote. If each company quotes unequal deductibles or liability limits then you won’t be able to make an equal comparison.
Save big with these discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Club Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance for Lucerne coverage.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount for Lucerne coverage with select insurance companies.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for switching to them before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall premium however.
For a list of companies with the best car insurance discounts, follow this link.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Buick Lucerne
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine your auto insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that could result in big savings.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Occupations like doctors, executives and accountants have higher rates than average in part from high stress levels and long work hours. On the flip side, jobs such as actors, athletes and retirees get better rates for Lucerne coverage.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Good drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Even one ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. If you have flagrant violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a spouse can get you a discount on your policy. It is viewed as being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Bump up deductibles to save – The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive for Lucerne coverage.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Both sexes have accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When buying the best insurance coverage coverage for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions may help highlight if you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Beware of misleading car insurance ads
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings by companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads make an identical promise about savings after switching to them.
But how can every company make the same claim?
All companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that is profitable for them. An example of a preferred risk could be between 25 and 40, has no tickets, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any driver that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and most likely will save when switching.
Consumers who are not a match for the “perfect” profile must pay higher rates and this can result in business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “people who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That is how companies can truthfully advertise the savings.
This illustrates why you should get as many quotes as possible. Because you never know which company will fit your personal profile best.
Specific coverage details
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage, loss of income and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like a broken windshield, rock chips in glass and theft. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Lucerne from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like crashing into a ditch, driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like dental work, ambulance fees and pain medications. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Buick Lucerne.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Shop around and save
Affordable 2009 Buick Lucerne insurance can be bought on the web as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to shop for insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
More tips and info about car insurance is available in the articles below:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area