Cheapest 2007 Buick Lucerne Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 22, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower insurance coverage rates for your Buick Lucerne? Are you intimidated by the crazy number of insurance coverage companies? You’re not the only one! People have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a ton of work to compare prices.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all their discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a insurance coverage policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Lucerne insurance than drivers with accidents.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous.
Companies that may have these benefits are:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not apply in every state.
Drivers who switch save $393 a year? Really?
State Farm and Allstate consistently run television and radio advertisements. All the companies say the same thing that you’ll save big if you change your policy. How can each company claim to save you money?
All companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that is profitable for them. An example of a profitable customer could be between the ages of 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and has excellent credit. Any new insured who fits that profile will get very good rates and as a result will probably save when switching.
Drivers who don’t meet the “perfect” profile will have to pay a more expensive rate and this can result in business not being written. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently make those claims. Because of the profiling, you should compare as many rates as you can. It’s not possible to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest Buick Lucerne insurance rates.
What coverages do I need?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2007 Buick Lucerne is worth?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Educate yourself about auto insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability coverages – This provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things like repair costs for stationary objects, medical services, emergency aid and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Coverage for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses for pain medications, prosthetic devices, dental work and funeral costs. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Lucerne resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle, driving through your garage door and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from getting keyed, vandalism and falling objects. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Power to the consumer
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed collision coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like high prices, questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to shop for 2007 Buick Lucerne insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area