Cheaper 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for low-cost insurance for a new or used Mercury Grand Marquis can normally be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Mercury and locate the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
Consumers need to do rate comparisons once or twice a year because prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the best price on Grand Marquis insurance last year you will most likely find a better rate today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about car insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you a bunch of ideas how to find cheap car insurance.
Finding affordable coverage is quite easy. If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to shop for the lowest rates while maximizing coverage. Drivers just need to understand the proper methods to buy car insurance online.
Mercury Grand Marquis premiums are determined by many factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining the price you pay for insurance coverage. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- An active claims history can cost you – Auto insurance companies generally give lower rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If the Mercury Grand Marquis is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Cautious drivers pay less – A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Even one speeding ticket may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. If you have flagrant violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Do men or women drive better? – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the males have costlier accidents. They also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive insurance coverage rates.
- Marriage pays dividends – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on insurance coverage. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance coverage will be on Grand Marquis insurance.
Cheap Car Insurance Comparisons
Cutting your car insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. All you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer to get quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be done in several different ways.
One of the simplest ways to compare a lot of rates at once is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do a different quote for every car insurance company. A single, simple form will get you price quotes from several companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
A slightly less efficient method to shop for car insurance online requires visiting the website of each company to complete their respective quote request forms. For example, let’s assume you want to compare rates from Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Progressive. To find out each rate you need to go to every website and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but compare apples-to-apples coverages and limits for every company. If your comparisons have different deductibles it will be very difficult to make a fair comparison for your Mercury Grand Marquis.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Consumers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings by companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all make an identical promise that you can save if you move to them.
How does each company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer they prefer to insure. An example of a driver they prefer could possibly be over the age of 40, owns a home, and has a high credit rating. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Consumers who don’t qualify for this ideal profile will be quoted a higher premium and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings. This emphasizes why drivers should compare many company’s rates. You cannot predict the company that will give you the biggest savings on Mercury Grand Marquis insurance.
Discounts are basically free money
Auto insurance companies do not list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known as well as the least known auto insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Resident Student – Children who are attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates, click here to view.
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When buying the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is my 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis covered for smoke damage?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses such as prosthetic devices, pain medications, dental work and funeral costs. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto liability insurance
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as medical expenses, funeral expenses, court costs and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford.
Auto collision coverage
This will pay to fix damage to your Grand Marquis resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Mercury Grand Marquis.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, falling objects, fire damage, rock chips in glass and hail damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
A penny saved is a penny earned
Low-cost 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis insurance is available online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices or even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We’ve covered many ways to get a better price on insurance. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the best prices are with an unexpected company.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available by following these links:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area