Cheapest 2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest insurance rates for your Mercury Grand Marquis? Tired of being strong-armed to insure your Mercury every month? You are in the same boat as the majority of other car owners.
You have multiple insurers to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, too many choices makes it more difficult to adequately compare rates.
You need to check insurance prices every six months because prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best rates for Grand Marquis coverage a year ago you may be paying too much now. Starting right now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in how to use online quotes to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
How to Compare Car Insurance
The are a couple different ways of comparing price quotes from local car insurance companies. The best way to find the cheapest 2006 Mercury Grand Marquis insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The single most time-saving way to get the best comparison quotes is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This form saves time by eliminating separate quotes to each individual car insurance company. Taking the time to complete one form will get you rate comparisons from all major companies.
- A more difficult way to compare rate quotes is going to each individual company website to request a price quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from Auto-Owners, Farmers and Liberty Mutual. To get each rate you have to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming way to get comparison rates is driving to and from local insurance agencies. Buying insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the professional guidance that only a license agent can provide. You can, however, get prices online and still use a local agent and we’ll touch on that later.
However you get your quotes, ensure you’re using the exact same coverage information for each price quote. If you enter mixed coverages it will be next to impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Mercury Grand Marquis. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits may result in a large different in cost. It’s important to know that comparing more company’s prices will improve the odds of getting lower pricing.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize all their discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization may earn a discount when buying car insurance for Grand Marquis coverage.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Sign Online – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing digitally online.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of insurers offering car insurance discounts, click here.
Lesser-known factors impacting Mercury Grand Marquis insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. Understanding what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with big savings.
Listed below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your Mercury. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, or theft. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive for Grand Marquis coverage.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Liability coverage provides coverage if a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Having a spouse can get you a discount on your policy. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature than a single person and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Too many insurance claims drive up costs – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies generally give better rates to insureds who are claim-free. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – Driving more miles in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Autos not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage is showing the proper vehicle usage. Incorrect usage on your Grand Marquis may be wasting your money.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Even a single moving violation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get dangerous violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both cause accidents at a similar rate, but men have costlier accidents. Men also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Little extras can really add up – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying insurance. Coverages like personal injury protection, accidental death and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good initially, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverages available from auto insurance companies.
This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass, hail damage and falling objects. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Mercury Grand Marquis.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses such as hospital visits, doctor visits, surgery, rehabilitation expenses and X-ray expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Coverage for liability
This will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. It protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims like funeral expenses, attorney fees and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Buy online or local, you save
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate.
Budget-conscious 2006 Mercury Grand Marquis insurance can be sourced on the web and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Additional auto insurance information is located below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area