Cheapest 2009 Mercury Grand Marquis Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower insurance coverage rates? Buyers have options when searching for low-cost Mercury Grand Marquis insurance. You can either waste hours calling around getting price quotes or leverage the internet to get rate quotes. There is a better way to shop for insurance coverage so we’re going to tell you the proper way to compare rates for a Mercury and get the cheapest rates from local insurance agents and online providers.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. Consumers just need to learn how to shop their coverage around over the internet.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Car insurance companies do not list all available discounts very well, so here is a list both the well known and the more hidden auto insurance savings. If you don’t get every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Grand Marquis coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off on Grand Marquis coverage with select insurance companies.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child complete a driver education course in school.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts, click here.
When might I need an agent?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Parts of your auto insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical costs insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses like doctor visits, X-ray expenses, rehabilitation expenses and chiropractic care. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as theft, damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird, hail damage and a broken windshield. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Grand Marquis caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability coverages – This provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses, legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
UM/UIM Coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Mercury Grand Marquis.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
More choices the merrier
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
We just covered some good ideas how you can save on 2009 Mercury Grand Marquis insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Low-cost insurance is possible from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Additional information can be found below:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area