Cheapest 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper car insurance rates for your Mercury Grand Marquis? Finding and buying car insurance is not a task drivers enjoy, but your state requires it for every vehicle.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. But drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the methods companies use to determine prices and apply this information to your search.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
When shopping for car insurance there are multiple ways to get quotes from different insurance companies. The quickest method to find the lowest 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- One of the best ways to compare a lot of rates at once is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This method keeps you from doing boring form submissions for every car insurance company. Taking the time to complete one form compares rates from all major companies. Just one form and you’re done.
- A more time consuming way to compare prices is going to the website for each individual company and request a quote. For example, let’s assume you want rates from Farmers, Safeco and Travelers. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why the first method is quicker.For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you’re using apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles on every quote. If each company quotes mixed coverages it will be impossible to find the best deal for your Mercury Grand Marquis. Quoting even small variations in coverages may cause a big price difference. And when comparison shopping, quoting more helps you find the best price.
Save with discounts on 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis insurance
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the best known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Mercury could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for switching to them before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Driver Safety – Completing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- American Family
- State Farm
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply everywhere.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Mercury Grand Marquis insurance premiums are calculated by many factors
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are some of the factors companies use to determine your rates.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Your driving citation history has a big impact on rates. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Even one ticket can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who have flagrant citations like DUI or reckless driving may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state DMV.
- High deductibles save money – Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Mercury from damage. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more money you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive on Grand Marquis insurance.
- How your age affects price – Older drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers are known to be less responsible behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Being married is a good thing – Being married can get you a discount on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other means you’re more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Misconceptions in insurance advertisements
Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive regularly use television and radio advertisements. All the ads have a common claim that you can save if you move to them. How does each company make the same claim? This is how they do it.
All companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that is profitable for them. A good example of a desirable insured could possibly be over the age of 40, a clean driving record, and has excellent credit. Any new insured who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who don’t qualify for this ideal profile will be charged a higher premium which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save money. That is how companies can advertise the way they do. That is why it’s extremely important to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s not possible to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest Mercury Grand Marquis insurance rates.
Coverages available on your policy
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses such as nursing services, pain medications, EMT expenses and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Mercury Grand Marquis.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Collision coverage protection
This will pay to fix damage to your Grand Marquis from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as driving through your garage door, backing into a parked car, hitting a mailbox and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive car insurance
This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like a broken windshield, hail damage, rock chips in glass and falling objects. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for claims such as loss of income, legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects and court costs. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Quote more, save more
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to save on 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the lowest premiums are with a lesser-known regional company.
Lower-priced insurance can be bought from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to browse the resources below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area