Cheapest 2007 Mercury Grand Marquis Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 16, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest car insurance rates for your Mercury Grand Marquis? Finding the cheapest insurance for a Mercury Grand Marquis can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to find car insurance online and we’ll show you the best way to price shop coverage for a new or used Mercury and get the cheapest rates from both online companies and local agents.
It’s smart to check car insurance prices periodically because rates trend upward over time. Just because you had the best rates for Grand Marquis insurance a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. So just ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the things you must know in order to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
How to save on Mercury Grand Marquis insurance
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but a few need to be specially asked for before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy online.
- Student in College – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when buying insurance for Grand Marquis insurance.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially as compared to bad drivers.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
Companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
- State Farm
- Farm Bureau
Check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Who is covered by my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of car insurance aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as vandalism, damage from flooding, hail damage and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Mercury Grand Marquis.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage covers damage to your Grand Marquis resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims like court costs, legal defense fees, emergency aid, structural damage and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses like funeral costs, ambulance fees, nursing services, doctor visits and chiropractic care. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Be a smart shopper
People switch companies for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent or even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When buying insurance coverage, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Affordable 2007 Mercury Grand Marquis insurance can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area