Cheapest 2005 Mazda RX-8 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you tired of trying to scrape together enough money to insure your Mazda every month? You are in the same boat as the majority of other car owners.
Consumers have many insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance.
How to Compare Insurance
Most major insurance companies allow you to get prices for coverage online. Getting quotes is quite simple as you just type in your personal and coverage information into the quote form. When complete, their system orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote based on these factors. This helps simplify price comparisons, but the work required to visit a lot of sites and fill out multiple forms is monotonous and tiresome. Unfortunately, it is important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the lowest possible prices on insurance.
A less time-consuming method to get multiple rate quotes uses one simple form that obtains quotes from many companies. It saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes online shopping much easier to do. Immediately after you send the form, it is rated and you can choose any or none of the resulting price quotes. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. It takes 15 minutes at the most and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To find out what other companies charge, click here and submit your coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. This makes sure you will get an apples-to-apples comparison based on identical coverages.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every available discount very clearly, so we researched both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% on RX-8 insurance with select insurance companies.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization may earn a discount on car insurance on RX-8 insurance.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Car insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts are:
- The Hartford
- American Family
- >Farmers Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Double check with each company how you can save money. Savings may not be available everywhere.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2005 Mazda RX-8 is totaled?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Mazda RX-8 rates are complex
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that could result in better car insurance rates.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The higher the mileage driven every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies apply a rate based on their usage. Vehicles left parked in the garage get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your car insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle. Incorrect usage on your RX-8 can result in significantly higher rates.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your Mazda is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Equipment add-ons that lower car insurance rates – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on car insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Many companies provide better rates to customers who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Too many car insurance claims drive up costs – If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies provide discounts to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Both sexes have accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Older drivers save more – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Teenage drivers tend to be less responsible behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Specific coverage details
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the usual coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Medical expense insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses for hospital visits, pain medications, funeral costs, surgery and ambulance fees. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from getting keyed, hail damage, damage from flooding, fire damage and vandalism. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Liability – Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of income and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage covers damage to your RX-8 resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Never pay more for less
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on 2005 Mazda RX-8 insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest premiums are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Additional information can be read below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area