Cheapest 2000 Dodge Durango Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buyers have many options when searching for affordable Dodge Durango insurance. They can either waste time driving around getting price quotes or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance coverage online so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for your Dodge and obtain the best price possible.
You should make it a habit to compare prices before your policy renews since rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the lowest rates for Durango insurance a few years ago you can probably find a better price now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about insurance coverage on the web, but I’m going to show you some good information on how to stop overpaying for insurance.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have car insurance now, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using these methods. Vehicle owners just need to understand the proper methods to get comparison quotes online.
How to Compare Insurance Coverage
Getting a cheaper price on 2000 Dodge Durango insurance can be quick and easy. The only requirement is to take time comparing rate quotes provided by online insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- Probably the best way to find low rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This method eliminates the need for repetitive form entry for each company. In just a few minutes this one form will get you rate comparisons from multiple low-cost companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A more time consuming way to get quotes online consists of going to the website for each individual company and request a quote. For instance, let’s say you want to compare rates from Progressive, Allstate and Farmers. You would have to visit each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The least efficient method to get comparison rates is to spend time driving to insurance agents’ offices. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the trained guidance only provided by licensed agents. Drivers can comparison shop your insurance online but buy from a local insurance agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but double check that you are using exactly the same coverages on every quote you get. If you are comparing different deductibles it will be very difficult to determine which rate is truly the best.
More discounts equal less premium
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every available discount very well, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and also the lesser-known car insurance savings. If you don’t get every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% for Durango insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts as compared to bad drivers.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premiums.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of insurers who offer car insurance discounts, click here to view.
It’s not one size fits all
When choosing coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you will benefit from professional help.
- What are the best liability limits?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Car insurance coverages for a 2000 Dodge Durango
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses like dental work, rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs, EMT expenses and hospital visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from flooding, hail damage, hitting a deer and theft. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your 2000 Dodge Durango.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like funeral expenses, emergency aid, bail bonds and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Durango from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area