Cheapest 2003 Pontiac Vibe Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buyers have options when searching for the best price on Pontiac Vibe insurance. They can either spend hours driving around trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance coverage rates so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a Pontiac and get the lowest price.
This article will familiarize you with how to effectively get price quotes and some money-saving tips. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using this information. Consumers only need to know the tricks to compare rates on the web.
Get lower rates on 2003 Pontiac Vibe insurance
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Pontiac could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will help reduce your premiums.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates, follow this link.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies have advanced systems to provide you with a free rate quote. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide details like how many miles driven, how you use your vehicles, what you do for a living, and the ages of drivers. The data is instantly submitted to multiple insurance providers and they return cost estimate almost instantly.
Factors that might impact rates for a Pontiac Vibe
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the factors insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Liability coverage provides coverage if ever a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Drive less and save money – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers apply a rate based on their usage. Cars not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. If your policy improperly rates your Vibe can cost quite a bit.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. They both are in accidents at about the same rate, but men cause more damage. Men also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a lot of add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your insurance policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, accidental death and membership fees are some examples. They may seem good initially, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Even a single ticket can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Careful drivers get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get severe violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Better credit means lower rates – Your credit history is a important factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit is not that good, you could save money insuring your 2003 Pontiac Vibe by improving your rating. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Pontiac from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, or theft. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance will be for Vibe coverage.
- Small claims can cost you – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies generally give cheaper rates to drivers who are claim-free. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2003 Pontiac Vibe is totaled?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- When can I cancel my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Beware of misleading insurance ads
Drivers can’t get away from ads for cheaper car insurance from the likes of State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads have a common claim that you’ll save big if you move your coverage to them.
How does each company say the same thing?
Different companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that earns them a profit. An example of a driver they prefer might be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good rates and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who fall outside the requirements will be quoted a more expensive rate and this can result in the customer not buying. The ad wording is “people who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. That is how insurance companies can advertise the savings.
This emphasizes why you need to compare many company’s rates. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Car insurance coverages for a Pontiac Vibe
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like vandalism, theft, damage from getting keyed and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Insurance for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for pain medications, hospital visits, prosthetic devices and chiropractic care. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your 2003 Pontiac Vibe.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance covers damage to your Vibe resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things like scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Auto liability – Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as attorney fees, legal defense fees and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford.
More effort can pay off
Cost effective 2003 Pontiac Vibe insurance is definitely available online as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, high prices, delays in responding to claim requests and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, switching insurance coverage companies can be easier than you think.
When shopping online for insurance coverage, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area