Cheapest 2009 Pontiac Vibe Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for affordable Pontiac Vibe insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are more efficient ways to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Pontiac and locate the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
It’s important to price shop coverage occasionally since insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you had the best rates for Vibe insurance six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Starting now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we’re going to show you the right way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you have insurance now or need new coverage, you can use these techniques to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. This information will introduce you to the most effective way to quote insurance. Drivers only need to know the proper methods to compare company rates over the internet.
Which factors influence insurance rates for a Pontiac Vibe?
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in big savings.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine premiums.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If the Pontiac Vibe is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women cause accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a spouse actually saves money on auto insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as real estate brokers, business owners and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates in part from stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as farmers, students and homemakers receive lower rates for Vibe insurance.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are many extra bells and whistles that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Coverages for roadside assistance, towing coverage and term life insurance are some examples. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
- How credit affects auto insurance rates – A driver’s credit score is a important factor in your rate calculation. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your 2009 Pontiac Vibe by improving your rating. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with poor credit.
- Pleasure use saves money – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Vibe can cost quite a bit. Ask your agent if your auto insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
Which insurance is the cheapest?
All major insurance companies provide coverage prices directly from their websites. Getting quotes is pretty painless as you just type in your coverage information into the quote form. Once you submit the form, the system will order your driving and credit reports and returns a price determined by many factors.
Online quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but the work required to visit several different sites and enter the same data into a form can be a bit repetitive. But it’s very important to get many rate quotes in order to get better prices.
A less time-consuming method to find cheaper rates makes use of a single form that obtains quotes from a lot of companies. The form is fast, eliminates form submissions, and makes rate comparisons much easier to do. After sending your information, it gets priced and you can select your choice of the resulting price quotes.
If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. It can be completed in less than 10 minutes and can result in significant savings.
To quickly use this form to compare rates, simply click here to open in new window and begin entering your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. This helps ensure you are getting rate comparison quotes for exact coverage.
Do discounts mean cheaper Pontiac Vibe insurance rates?
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked for prior to getting the savings. If you’re not getting every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay much less as compared to bad drivers.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- College Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will reduce your overall premium however.
Tailor Your Coverage to You
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions can help discover if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete the form above. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance Coverages 101
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Pontiac Vibe.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is an important protection for you and your family. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Coverage for medical expenses – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses like nursing services, doctor visits, X-ray expenses, funeral costs and surgery. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability coverages – This will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims such as emergency aid, legal defense fees and medical services. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hail damage. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Vibe resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like crashing into a building, colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a ditch and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Shop. Compare. Save.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare 2009 Pontiac Vibe insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on Pontiac car insurance with a small local company.
When you buy insurance online, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an insured cut liability coverage limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
People switch companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim or even delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, switching car insurance companies is actually quite simple.
Additional car insurance information can be found at the links below
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area