Cheapest 2005 Pontiac Vibe Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower insurance rates for your Pontiac Vibe? Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy overpriced insurance? Believe me when I say there are a lot of people just like you who feel imprisoned by their insurance policy.
Many insurance companies vie for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every provider and get the definite cheapest price
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. But consumers must learn how companies sell online.
Where Can I Get Cheap Insurance?
There are several ways of comparing rates from different insurance companies. The best method to find competitive 2005 Pontiac Vibe insurance rates consists of shopping online. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
One of the simplest ways to get quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form prevents you from having to do separate forms for each company you want a rate for. Taking the time to complete one form compares rates direct from many companies.
A more difficult way to obtain and compare quotes online consists of going to the website for each individual company to request a price quote. For examples sake, we’ll pretend you want rates from Allstate, 21st Century and Liberty Mutual. You would have to go to every website and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
The least efficient way of comparing rate quotes is to waste gas driving to insurance agents’ offices. Shopping for insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the professional advice only provided by licensed agents. It is possible to compare the best prices online but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll touch on that later.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you’re using the exact same coverage limits for each price quote. If you are comparing unequal deductibles or liability limits you can’t possibly determine which rate is truly the best. Just a small difference in coverage limits may result in large price differences. It’s important to know that more quotes helps you find better pricing.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Pontiac Vibe
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help determine insurance coverage rates. Understanding what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are a partial list of the pieces that factor into prices.
- An active claims history can cost you – Companies provide cheaper rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Careers like judges, executives and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates because of job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, students and retirees receive lower rates on Vibe insurance.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Most companies will award you with lower prices to people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to find a better deal by buying insurance coverage from a different company.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Liability insurance is the protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- A clean driving record saves money – Your driving citation history has a big impact on rates. Just one moving violation can increase rates forty percent or more. Good drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have flagrant citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- Marriage brings a discount – Getting married actually saves money on insurance coverage. It translates into being more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Where you live can impact rates – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when buying insurance coverage. Lower population translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated areas tend to have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
- Your age impacts your rates – Youthful drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily when driving so insurance coverage rates are higher. Parents adding a young driver onto your insurance coverage can be very expensive. More mature drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list all their discounts very well, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the lesser-known insurance savings.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates on Vibe insurance.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared to bad drivers.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on the same insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies that may have these discounts are:
Before buying, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply in your area.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
Specifics of your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
This pays for damage to your Vibe from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building, rolling your car and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses for things like surgery, prosthetic devices, doctor visits, chiropractic care and pain medications. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as fire damage, theft, hitting a deer, falling objects and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Pontiac Vibe.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
More quotes mean more savings
Affordable 2005 Pontiac Vibe insurance is possible from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not provide online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just presented a lot of tips how to compare insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area