Save on 2001 Nissan Sentra Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 7, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say you’re not the only one.
Many car insurance companies vie for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the absolute best rates possible.
Consumers need to price shop coverage yearly since rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the best deal for Sentra coverage a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. Starting now, block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you one of the quickest ways to save on auto insurance.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. Finding the best rates is not that difficult. But car owners need to have an understanding of how insurance companies price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
Don’t miss these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every discount very well, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more for Sentra coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A partial list of companies that may have these discounts include:
- State Farm
- 21st Century
- American Family
- The Hartford
Check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not apply in your area.
Nissan Sentra insurance rates consist of many parts
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Understanding what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better insurance coverage rates.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine your rates.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Even one moving violation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. If you have dangerous violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- With age comes lower rates – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Teenage drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily when driving therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a fast way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Your credit score is a large factor in determining your rates. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your 2001 Nissan Sentra by improving your rating. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit.
When might I need help?
When buying the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2001 Nissan Sentra is totaled?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Nissan Sentra.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism and fire damage. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses such as X-ray expenses, ambulance fees, EMT expenses and funeral costs. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things like pain and suffering, medical services and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Sentra resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things like hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
More effort can pay off
You just learned a lot of information how to reduce 2001 Nissan Sentra insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Cost effective insurance is attainable online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area