Cheapest 1999 Nissan Sentra Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better car insurance rates for your Nissan Sentra? Having to pay for overpriced Nissan Sentra insurance can dwindle your savings account, especially in this economy. Comparing price quotes is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
You have multiple car insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Buying affordable protection is quite easy. In a nutshell, every driver who is shopping for auto insurance will more than likely be able to save money. Although drivers must understand how companies price insurance differently and use this information to your advantage.
Don’t miss these discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% for Sentra insurance with a few insurance coverage companies.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more for Sentra insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may be able to get a discount up to 10% for Sentra insurance.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Nissan can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20% or more.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
Car insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Savings might not apply in every state.
Finding Auto Insurance Deals
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing rates from local auto insurance companies. The recommended way to find the cheapest 1999 Nissan Sentra insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
One of the best ways to get quotes is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form keeps you from doing a different quote to each individual auto insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form gets rate comparisons from many national carriers.
A different way to get quotes online consists of going to the website for each individual company and complete a new quote form. For example, let’s say you want rates from USAA, 21st Century and Allstate. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make darn sure you compare apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles for each comparison quote. If you enter mixed coverages you will not be able to make an equal comparison. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits may result in a large different in cost. And when price shopping your coverage, quoting more gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate.
Nissan Sentra insurance premiums are calculated by many factors
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating your insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower insurance coverage prices.
- With age comes lower rates – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations. Young drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Pay less if you’re married – Being married can actually save you money on your insurance coverage policy. Having a significant other means you’re more responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies give cheaper rates to people who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Car features impact rates – Owning a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Do you know your deductibles? – The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be colliding with a building, damage from fire, or theft. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be for Sentra insurance.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Jobs such as lawyers, social workers and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates because of high stress and long work days. Other occupations such as actors, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates for Sentra insurance.
- Don’t skimp on liability – The liability section of your policy is the protection when a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
When might I need help?
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions might point out if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- If my 1999 Nissan Sentra is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- What is the ISO rating for a 1999 Nissan Sentra?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Coverages available on your policy
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the normal coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses such as X-ray expenses, pain medications, ambulance fees, dental work and funeral costs. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive auto insurance
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hail damage, damage from getting keyed and theft. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims like hitting a mailbox, rolling your car, colliding with a tree, crashing into a building and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as funeral expenses, pain and suffering and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 1999 Nissan Sentra.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
And the best car insurance company is…
We just presented a lot of information how to compare 1999 Nissan Sentra insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Budget-conscious insurance is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
When shopping online for insurance, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed full coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area