Cheapest 1994 Nissan Sentra Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 8, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Expensive insurance coverage can dwindle your savings account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Shopping your coverage around is a smart way to slash your bill and have more diposable income. There is such a variety of car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, it can be more challenging to find a good deal.
It’s important to get comparison quotes yearly since rates trend upward over time. Just because you had the best price on Sentra coverage six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Starting now, forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because we’re going to show you the fastest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Low Cost Auto Insurance
Getting a lower price on 1994 Nissan Sentra insurance is a fairly straight forward process. You just need to invest a few minutes to compare quotes online from several insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The single most time-saving way consumers can analyze rates is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form eliminates the need for boring form submissions to each individual auto insurance company. Filling out one form will return price quotes from all major companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to get quotes online requires a visit to each company website and complete a new quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want rates from Allstate, Progressive and Farmers. You would have to visit each site to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- The hardest way to get comparison rates is driving around to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the professional guidance that only a license agent can provide. However, consumers can get the lowest quotes online and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll cover that in a bit.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make darn sure you compare exactly the same coverage limits with each company. If each company quotes different limits and deductibles on each one then you won’t be able to make an equal comparison.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Consumers can’t get away from ads for cheaper car insurance by 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads make an identical promise that you can save if you switch to their company.
How do they all make almost identical claims?
Different companies can use profiling for the type of driver that makes them money. An example of a preferred risk might be between 30 and 50, has no tickets, and has excellent credit. A customer who fits that profile receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who don’t measure up to these standards will be charged a more expensive rate which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s the way companies can truthfully advertise the savings.
That is why drivers must quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on Nissan Sentra insurance.
Parts of the Nissan Sentra rate equation
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that can help you get lower insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the items insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- More people means more accidents – Living in a rural area can save you money when it comes to insurance. Urban drivers have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Lower population means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- No coverage gaps is important – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a quick way to bump up your insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state DMV.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If the Nissan Sentra has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- More miles equals more premium – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher your rate. Most companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage. If your policy improperly rates your Sentra can result in significantly higher rates.
Take discounts and save
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, buy you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but a few must be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Driver Safety – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on insurance on Sentra coverage.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
- State Farm
- 21st Century
- American Family
- The Hartford
Double check with each insurance company how you can save money. Savings might not be offered in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance coverage basics
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the normal coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Liability auto insurance
This provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things like medical expenses, emergency aid, legal defense fees and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance covers damage to your Sentra from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane and damage from flooding. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses such as chiropractic care, pain medications and surgery. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Nissan Sentra.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Normally these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Spend less. Save more.
When you buy insurance online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cost effective 1994 Nissan Sentra insurance is available both online as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies don’t offer online quoting and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can lower your insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the best price on insurance coverage is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area