Cheapest 1991 Nissan Sentra Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 30, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Drivers have a choice when trying to find the lowest priced Nissan Sentra insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents getting price quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the quickest way to quote coverages for a new or used Nissan and find the best price possible.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes yearly since insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Sentra coverage last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Starting now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the best way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies takes advantage of the fact auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is give them some information such as an estimate of your credit level, daily mileage, whether you are single or married, and if you lease or own. Those rating factors gets sent immediately to multiple insurance providers and they return quotes instantly.
Get lower rates on 1991 Nissan Sentra insurance
Auto insurance companies do not list all available discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find both the well known as well as the least known auto insurance savings. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount on Sentra coverage with a few auto insurance companies.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing over the internet.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Nissan could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of insurers with the best auto insurance discounts, click this link.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 1991 Nissan Sentra?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 1991 Nissan Sentra?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverage considerations
Learning about specific coverages of insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, fire damage and damage from flooding. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills such as pain medications, funeral costs, chiropractic care and nursing services. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your 1991 Nissan Sentra.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance covers damage to your Sentra resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as court costs, medical expenses, loss of income and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area