MAPFRE Car Insurance Review: Rates & Discounts in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 20, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- Besides standard coverage options, MAPFRE Insurance also offers a disappearing deductible, accident forgiveness, and auto glass repair programs
- Customers give MAPFRE high ratings for its quality service and claims handling
- MAPFRE offers additional insurance types as well, including business and umbrella coverages
Shopping for cheap car insurance can be difficult. How do you decide what coverage to get and what company can best meet your needs? MAPFRE Insurance offers customization and discounts that may make it an affordable option on your list of companies to compare.
In this in-depth guide, we’ll take a look at what MAPFRE has to offer, including the different coverage options offered, discount opportunities, and ways to conveniently file and navigate your claims.
What types of car insurance coverage does MAPFRE insurance offer?
MAPFRE insurance is an international company founded in Spain in 1933. The company has a global presence doing business in 100 countries. MAPFRE is currently the 20th largest private auto insurer in the U.S. and is based in Massachusetts. The company is also the 21st largest property and casualty insurer in the country.
The company offers customized auto insurance policies that allow you to pick your coverage options. MAPFRE provides the following coverage options to its customers:
- Liability. Covers damages to injured parties in an at-fault accident
- Collision. Compensates policyholders for collision damage to their vehicle
- Comprehensive. Compensates for vehicle damage not caused by a crash
- Personal injury protection. Reimburses you for certain medical expenses
- Medical payment. Provides coverage to you if you have medical and funeral costs
- Full. Combines multiple coverages into one policy and offers the most protection
- Substitute transportation. Covers the costs of a rental while your vehicle is repaired
- Uninsured motorist. Pays your damages if the other driver does not have coverage
- Towing and labor. Compensates for towing service if your car is disabled
In certain states, MAPFRE provides an AutoMaster package endorsement which includes benefits such as cell phone replacement, personal belongings coverage, collision deductible waiver, new car replacement, and a seat belt/air bag death benefit.
The company has several programs that add value to your coverage, including a disappearing deductible feature that you can add to any policy for no charge. The program gives customers credit towards any deductible payments for each year the policyholder is accident-free. MAPFRE also has accident forgiveness to protect customers from a rise in rates resulting from a collision. Another benefit MAPFRE provides streamlined windshield or other glass repairs through its Auto Glass Repair Program.
What discounts on auto rates are available with MAPFRE?
While MAPFRE claims to have competitive rates for its policies, it also offers a variety of discount programs to its customers. Car insurance discount availability depends on the state where you are located. Here are the discounts MAPFRE offers:
- Annual mileage. Get a discount if you drive less than a specified amount of mileage each year.
- Smart driver. Qualify for reduced rates by completing various training modules.
- Good student. Student drivers with a certain grade point average can get a discount.
- Student away from home. Reduced rates are available for students who leave the car at home while studying away from home.
- Paid-in-full. Discounted rates are applied when the MAPFRE insurance payment is paid upfront rather than in installments for the entire coverage period.
- Clean in Three. Get a reduction in rates if you do not have any accidents or traffic violations for three years.
- Multi-car. Rates are lower for additional cars you add to your policy.
- Paperless. Opt for paperless billing and other account communications.
- Bundled policies. Rates are discounted for policyholders who have multiple policies with MAPFRE bundled together, such as home and auto.
You can take advantage of the discounts you qualify for simply by signing up and making the correct elections.
What states does MAPFRE sell coverage in?
MAPFRE Insurance Company is a comprehensive global insurance company. MAPFRE is the 20th largest private auto insurer in the country and offers its car insurance policies in the following states:
- New Hampshire
- Rhode Island
The type of coverage available depends on the state where you are located. Some discounts are only available in specific markets. Insurance coverage in Florida is offered through MAPFRE Insurance Company of Florida. MAPFRE operates through various other entities that provide property and business insurance offerings, including American Commerce Insurance Company, Citation Insurance Company, Commerce Insurance Company in Massachusetts, and Commerce West Insurance Company.
How do you file a claim with MAPFRE Insurance?
MAPFRE claims to focus on excellent customer service, including a streamlined claim submission process. Any requests should be filed as soon as possible. Customers can call the toll-free number to report a claim directly. Claims can also be submitted online or through an insurance agent. MAPFRE Insurance has an “A” rating with A.M. Best Company and a 4.8 star out of 5-star rating with Trustpilot. MAPFRE is also accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
A representative will take your information to initiate your filing. After that, your case will be assigned to a designated representative. You will also be contacted by an appraiser who will evaluate the damage and prepare an estimate of the repair cost.
To be prepared when you file your claim, you will need the following information:
- Policy number
- Vehicle involved
- Names and contact information of the driver and all people involved
- Location and time of the accident
- Basic details about the accident
The Car EZ program is available to MAPFRE Insurance customers who have been in an accident. This program streamlines the repair process for your vehicle. Under this option, your car is repaired by a participating body shop. Your claim representative will coordinate the pick-up of your vehicle and arrange for a rental if needed. Repair work on your car will be prioritized and guaranteed. The repair shop will thoroughly clean the car before returning it to you.
MAPFRE also has an ePICs option that allows you to send pictures to the appraiser for damage assessment if your car is in an accident. Sending pictures eliminates the need for an in-person appraisal. Additional contact information can be sent with the pictures so that your policy information can be accessed.
What other insurance products does MAPFRE Insurance provide?
In addition to auto policies, MAPFRE has other insurance products available for customers in certain markets.
Business insurance through MAPFRE is offered to various industries, including construction, food and beverage, retail, lessors, and other service professions. A wide range of coverage options is available, from property protection to officer liability indemnification. Commercial auto insurance is included in the business line of products offered by the company. MAPFRE provides an enhanced option for employee training on driving and maintenance to help businesses reduce potential losses. Coverage can also include business damages and income interruption from fire or other disasters.
Umbrella coverage is a type of personal liability policy that provides compensation when any claims on your policies exceed the payment limits for those policies. For example, if you have a motorcycle policy that pays a limit of $50,000 in damages, but an injured person has a claim for $100,000, your umbrella policy would cover the amount over $50,000. Umbrella policy rates are generally less expensive than the base coverage for other policies.
More insurance products offered by MAPFRE include the following:
- Watercraft, boat, or yacht
- Recreational vehicles
You may be able to bundle your insurance through MAPFRE to get more competitive rates if you own a home or business. Look at all the types of insurance offered to see which ones will work best for you.
Bottom Line: MAPFRE Insurance
MAPFRE is an international insurance company that offers many options for coverage to its auto policyholders. The company provides discounts for customers who enroll in any available options. Auto insurance policies are available in numerous states. MAPFRE makes filing claims easy and offers expedited claim processing through its Car EZ program. The company also provides a full range of products to protect your property and business interests.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area