Cheapest 2016 Porsche Cayenne Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 19, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want lower insurance coverage rates for your Porsche Cayenne? Are you confused by the crazy number of insurance coverage companies? Many other drivers are too. You have such a vast assortment of companies available that it can easily turn into a real hassle to find better insurance coverage rates.
These eight discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
Some companies don’t list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy auto insurance online.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies provide a discount for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Senior Citizens – Seniors may receive a small decrease in premiums for Cayenne coverage.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
If you would like to view auto insurance companies who offer free auto insurance quotes, follow this link.
Big names are not always cheapest
Insurance coverage companies such as Allstate and Progressive endlessly run ads on TV and radio. All the ads try to convey promises of big savings if you move your policy. How can each company claim to save you money? It’s all in the wording.
Most companies quote their cheapest rates for a prospective insured that will most likely be profitable. An example of a profitable customer may be over the age of 35, has other policies, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Anybody who matches that profile will get the preferred premium rates and have a good chance to cut their rates if they switch.
Insureds who do not match the “perfect” profile will probably have to pay higher prices and business not being written. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “people that switch” not “all people who quote” will save that much if they switch. That is how companies can claim big savings.
This emphasizes why you really need to compare price quotes frequently. Because you cannot predict which company will be your best fit.
Different people need different insurance coverages
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2016 Porsche Cayenne is totaled?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverages 101
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things such as funeral expenses, emergency aid, medical services and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your 2016 Porsche Cayenne.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like doctor visits, chiropractic care, ambulance fees and pain medications. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – This coverage covers damage to your Cayenne caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a parking meter and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hitting a deer, falling objects and damage from getting keyed. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Be a smart shopper
Lower-priced 2016 Porsche Cayenne insurance is attainable on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not provide rates over the internet and these small insurance companies sell through independent agencies.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can reduce 2016 Porsche Cayenne insurance auto insurance rates online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable auto insurance. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with the smaller companies.
While you’re price shopping online, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area