2017 Porsche Cayenne Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest insurance coverage rates? Drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the lowest priced Porsche Cayenne insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to compare rates.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance coverage and you need to know the best way to price shop coverage on a Porsche and locate the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
How to get affordable car insurance
Getting a low cost price on 2017 Porsche Cayenne insurance can be relatively painless. Just take a couple of minutes comparing price quotes online with multiple companies. Shoppers can get rates in several different ways.
Hands down the most simple method to get quotes for comparison is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This quick form saves time by eliminating repetitive form entry to each individual car insurance company. A single form gets prices estimates from multiple low-cost companies. Just one form and you’re done.
A more time consuming way to find better pricing is to manually visit the website for every company you want to comare and request a quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from GEICO, Safeco and Farmers. To get rate quotes you would need to go to each individual site to enter your coverage information, which is why first method is reommended. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
The most difficult method to get rate quotes is to spend time driving to local insurance agencies. Quoting and buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the peace of mind only provided by licensed agents. Although you can comparison shop online but buy the policy through an agent.
Take whichever approach you prefer, but make sure you use nearly identical quote information with each company. If you enter mixed coverages you will not be able to make a fair comparison for your Porsche Cayenne.
Consumers can’t get away from ads for the lowest price insurance coverage by Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies make the point that drivers can save some big amount if you just switch your policy.
How is it plausible that every one can sell you cheaper insurance coverage? This is how they do it.
All companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that will generate a profit. A good example of this type of driver may be between the ages of 30 and 50, has a clear driving record, and drives a safe vehicle. A customer who matches that profile gets the lowest premium rates and will also save when they switch companies.
Drivers who fall outside this ideal profile may be forced to pay higher premium rates and this results in the customer buying from a different company. The wording the ads use say “drivers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save the amount stated. This is how companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings.
This illustrates why it’s extremely important to compare price quotes frequently. Because you never know with any certainty which company will fit your personal profile best.
Cut insurance costs with these tips
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating your insurance rates. If you know what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Your address can impact price – Choosing to live in a small town may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer people means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with traffic congestion and longer commute times. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
- Poor credit can mean higher premiums – A driver’s credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. So if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your 2017 Porsche Cayenne by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- More policies can equal more savings – Some insurance companies apply discounts to people that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Age of drivers – Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and get fewer tickets.Beginning drivers are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Only buy what you need – Insurance policies have a lot of add-on coverages that can add up if you aren’t diligent. Coverages for replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and membership fees are some examples. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your Porsche. Some instances where coverage would apply are a broken windshield, hitting a deer, or theft. Your deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for insurance for Cayenne insurance.
- Stay claim-free and save – Insurance companies give lower rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
More discounts mean affordable premiums
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off for Cayenne insurance with some insurance coverage companies.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Don’t be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance coverage policy, it’s just not the way it works.
For a list of insurance companies who offer cheap insurance coverage quotes, click this link.
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Detailed coverages of your auto insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Cayenne from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your 2017 Porsche Cayenne.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as theft, hail damage, fire damage, a broken windshield and falling objects. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims like funeral expenses, emergency aid, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and court costs. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for pain medications, EMT expenses, ambulance fees, prosthetic devices and funeral costs. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
A tidy conclusion
When searching for the cheapest insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price.
We just covered a lot of information how to lower your 2017 Porsche Cayenne insurance premium rates. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive insurance. You may even discover the best premium rates are with a small mutual company.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium or being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
More learning opportunities
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area