Cheapest 2014 Nissan Sentra Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 6, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better insurance prices for a new or used Nissan Sentra can be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance and you need to know the quickest way to get price quotes for a Nissan and locate the lowest possible price either online or from local insurance agents.
Free Car Insurance Quotes
Lowering your 2014 Nissan Sentra car insurance rates is not a difficult process. You just need to take a couple of minutes getting comparison quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to get quotes for comparison is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This easy form prevents you from having to do separate quotes for each company. In just a few minutes this one form gets you price quotes from many national carriers. This is by far the quickest method.
- A slightly less efficient method to get comparison quotes is going to each company website to request a price quote. For example, we’ll assume you want to compare State Farm, Safeco and Farmers. To find out each rate you need to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker.For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The hardest method to compare rates is driving to local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the professional guidance only provided by licensed agents. It is possible to price shop online and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll cover that in a bit.
However you get your quotes, ensure you’re using the exact same coverage limits and deductibles with each company. If each company quotes higher or lower deductibles it will be very difficult to make a fair comparison for your Nissan Sentra.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list all available discounts very clearly, so here is a list some of the best known and also the lesser-known insurance coverage savings. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Own a Home – Owning a home can save you money because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get reduced rates for Sentra coverage.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Nissan could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of companies who offer insurance coverage discounts, follow this link.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Your Nissan Sentra insurance rate is a complex equation
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Careful drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Even a single ticket can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. If you have flagrant violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If the Nissan Sentra earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are many extra coverages that you can buy on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for roadside assistance, towing coverage and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Occupations like judges, architects and stock brokers have the highest rates in part from stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as farmers, students and retirees get better rates for Sentra coverage.
Don’t listen to company ads
Consumers can’t get away from ads that promise big savings by 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads say the same thing about savings if you change to their company.
How does each company claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer they prefer to insure. An example of a preferred risk might be profiled as between the ages of 40 and 55, insures multiple vehicles, and has a short commute. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and as a result will probably save when switching.
Consumers who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile must pay a higher premium which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That is how companies can advertise the savings. This illustrates why you need to quote coverage with many companies. It’s impossible to know the company that will give you the biggest savings on Nissan Sentra insurance.
Car insurance coverage basics
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This coverage pays for damage to your Sentra resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for things like prosthetic devices, surgery, ambulance fees and chiropractic care. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like attorney fees, structural damage, legal defense fees and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like fire damage, damage from flooding, hitting a bird and theft. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Be Smart and Buy Smart
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent and policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
In this article, we presented many ways to shop for 2014 Nissan Sentra insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance coverage is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Low-cost insurance is available from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
More information is available at the links below
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area