Cheapest 2015 Nissan Sentra Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 7, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
People who are new to shopping for insurance online will find buying the lowest-priced insurance coverage nearly impossible.
Consumers need to check insurance coverage prices occasionally since rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the best deal on Sentra insurance six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because we’re going to demonstrate the tricks you need to know to find great coverage at a great price.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
There are multiple methods to compare 2015 Nissan Sentra insurance quotes, but some are less time-consuming than others. You can waste hours discussing policy coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you could use the internet for quick rates.
Many of the larger companies belong to a marketplace that allows shoppers to only type in their quote data once, and each participating company returns a competitive quote determined by their information. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions to each individual insurance company.
To compare 2015 Nissan Sentra rates using this form now click to open in new window.
The one downside to using this type of form is that consumers can’t choose which insurance companies to get pricing from. If you wish to select from a list of companies for rate comparison, we have a page of low cost insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but be sure to compare identical deductibles and coverage limits for every company. If you compare different liability limits it’s not possible to truly determine the lowest rate. Slightly different coverages can result in a big premium difference. It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find the best offered rates.
How much can you save with discounts?
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all their discounts very clearly, so we researched both the well known and also the lesser-known insurance coverage savings.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- One Accident Forgiven – A few companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less on Sentra insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who live away from home without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of insurance companies with discount insurance coverage rates, click here to view.
Lesser-known factors impacting Nissan Sentra insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. Understanding what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate rates.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Jobs such as doctors, business owners and dentists have the highest average rates due to job stress and long work days. Other occupations such as actors, historians and the unemployed get better rates on Sentra insurance.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The more miles you rack up on your Nissan in a year the more you will pay for car insurance. Most companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Autos not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. If your policy improperly rates your Sentra can cost quite a bit. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy is showing how each vehicle is driven.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Teenage drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Even one citation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have serious citations such as DUI or reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Being located in less populated areas can be a good thing when buying car insurance. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have much more traffic to deal with and longer commute times. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
- What are your deductibles? – The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less your car insurance will be on Sentra insurance.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are a ton of additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Sentra policy. Insurance for roadside assistance, accidental death and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good initially, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- If my 2015 Nissan Sentra is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive regularly use ads on television and other media. All the ads make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you move to their company. How can each company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies can use profiling for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a desirable insured might be profiled as between 25 and 40, insures multiple vehicles, and chooses high deductibles. Any new insured who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile will have to pay higher prices which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings. Because of the profiling, you should get as many quotes as possible. It’s impossible to know which auto insurance company will give you the biggest savings on Nissan Sentra insurance.
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Auto collision coverage
This will pay to fix damage to your Sentra caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses for doctor visits, funeral costs and pain medications. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from getting keyed, vandalism, fire damage, hail damage and hitting a deer. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Nissan Sentra.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Be a Smart Shopper
Cheaper 2015 Nissan Sentra insurance is available on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies is easier than you think.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area