How Much Does 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Saving money on auto insurance can be challenging for people who are new to comparing rates online. Drivers have so many options that it can turn into a challenge to find the best price.
Locating cheaper protection is easy if you know what you’re doing. In a nutshell, everyone who is required by state law to have insurance coverage should be able to find lower rates. Although consumers do need to know how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
How to Lower Your Insurance Coverage Cost
Performing a rate comparison can be challenging if you aren’t aware of the fastest way to get free quotes. You could spend the better part of a day discussing policy coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you could save time and use online quoting to get pricing more quickly.
Many of the larger companies belong to an insurance system that allows shoppers to only type in their quote data once, and at least one company returns a competitive quote based on that information. This eliminates the need for quote forms for each company.
To compare 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander rates now click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to using this type of form is you cannot specify which providers to receive prices from. If you would rather choose individual companies to receive pricing from, we have a listing of low cost insurance coverage companies in your area. Click to view list.
Whichever way you use, compare apples-to-apples coverage information on every quote. If you have different values for each quote then you won’t be able to find the best deal for your Mitsubishi Outlander. Just a small difference in coverage limits could mean much higher rates. Just remember that comparing a large number of companies helps locate lower pricing.
Cut your premium with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your policy for Outlander insurance.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in high school.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall premium however.
Companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
Check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not apply in your area.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- What if I total my 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander and owe more than it’s worth?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Mitsubishi Outlander insurance rates consist of many parts
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in better auto insurance rates.
- Where you live – Residing in less populated areas can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Drivers who live in large cities have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Little extras can really add up – There are a ton of extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying auto insurance. Coverages for roadside assistance, accidental death and membership fees are some examples. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Mitsubishi earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection if ever you are found liable for damages from an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- High numbers of claims are not good – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies generally give better rates to insureds who are claim-free. Car insurance is intended for larger claims.
- How your age affects price – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel. Teenage drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
Car insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Most of the time these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability car insurance – Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things like court costs, emergency aid and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane and damage from flooding. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses for rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs, nursing services and prosthetic devices. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverages – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Outlander resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door, damaging your car on a curb and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Smart shoppers get results
Budget-conscious 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander insurance can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
As you shop your coverage around, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read at these sites:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area