Cheapest 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want lower auto insurance rates for your Mitsubishi Outlander? Feel like you’re a prisoner to high-priced auto insurance? Believe me, there are many consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance. With consumers having so many auto insurance companies to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to locate the lowest price provider.
Save big with these discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, buy you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall premium however.
To see a list of companies with discount insurance coverage rates, click this link.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison
Shopping for lower auto insurance rates can be a daunting task if you don’t utilize the fastest way to get free quotes. You could spend the better part of a day talking about coverages with agents in your area, or you can stay home and use the web for quick rates.
Many companies enroll in a system where prospective buyers submit their information once, and each company can provide price quotes for coverage. This saves time by eliminating quote forms for each company you want a rate for.
To participate in this free quote system, click here (opens in new window).
The one downside to comparing rates this way is you cannot specify the insurers to get quotes from. If you wish to select from a list of companies to compare, we have a listing of auto insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but compare the exact same coverage information on every quote you get. If the quotes have different deductibles it’s impossible to truly determine the lowest rate.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander?
- What if I total my 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander and owe more than it’s worth?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander is totaled?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Specifics of your car insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the normal coverages available from car insurance companies.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Outlander resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills such as rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees and surgery. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as attorney fees, medical expenses and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird, damage from getting keyed and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Be a Smart Shopper
You just learned a lot of tips how to shop for 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
The cheapest insurance can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
More detailed insurance information can be found by following these links:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area