Cheapest 2013 Porsche Boxster Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Have you had enough of not being able to afford to buy car insurance? You’re in the same situation as the majority of other car owners. Numerous car insurance companies battle for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies and get the best coverage at the cheapest price
It’s smart to check insurance coverage prices on a regular basis since insurance rates change regularly. Just because you had the best rates on Boxster coverage two years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. So block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because it’s time to teach you the quickest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you have a policy now or need a new policy, you can follow these tips to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Choosing the best insurance company for you is not rocket science. Drivers just need to learn the most effective way to compare price quotes over the internet.
Auto Insurance Quote Comparison
There are several ways to compare Porsche Boxster auto insurance quotes, and some are easier and takes less work. You could spend the better part of a day talking about coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you can utilize the web for quick rates.
Most car insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace that enables customers to enter their policy data once, and each participating company provides a quote based on that information. This saves time by eliminating quote requests to each individual auto insurance company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click here to open in new window.
One minor caviat to doing it this way is you are unable to specify the companies to get pricing from. If you would rather choose specific insurance companies to compare prices, we put together a list of companies who write auto insurance in your area. Click to view list.
Which method you use is up to you, but double check that you are using identical coverages for each comparison quote. If you are comparing mixed coverages it’s impossible to find the best deal for your Porsche Boxster.
Save with discounts on 2013 Porsche Boxster insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- One Accident Forgiven – Certain companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive reduced rates on Boxster coverage.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more on Boxster coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck. But any discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
Before buying, ask each company how you can save money. Discounts may not apply everywhere.
Pieces of the Porsche Boxster insurance rate puzzle
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine prices.
- Always keep insurance in force – Letting your insurance expire is a guaranteed way to pay more for insurance. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Liability coverage protects you – Liability insurance is the protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
- Older drivers pay less – Teen drivers are known to be more careless behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a young driver to your policy can be quite pricey. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Car insurance companies provide cheaper rates to people who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is designed for larger claims.
- Big city or small town – Living in a rural area is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Lower population means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers regularly have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times means higher likelihood of an accident.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2013 Porsche Boxster?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all have a common claim that you can save after switching your policy.
How can each company make almost identical claims?
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that earns them a profit. A good example of a profitable customer might be profiled as over the age of 50, has no tickets, and has a short commute. Any driver who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile will be quoted a more expensive rate and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. This is how companies can truthfully state the savings.
This emphasizes why you should get as many comparisons as possible. Because you never know which company will give you the biggest savings on Porsche Boxster insurance.
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of car insurance helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses like pain medications, doctor visits and ambulance fees. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage covers damage to your Boxster caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Porsche Boxster.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims such as bail bonds, emergency aid, attorney fees, medical expenses and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hitting a deer, hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Low-cost 2013 Porsche Boxster insurance is definitely available on the web and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We covered many ways to reduce insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even find the best prices are with an unexpected company. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Other learning opportunities
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area