Cheapest 1997 Porsche Boxster Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better auto insurance rates for your Porsche Boxster? Overpriced Porsche Boxster insurance can dwindle your personal savings and make it hard to pay other bills. Shopping your coverage around is free and is an excellent way to help make ends meet. Companies like Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm all claim big savings, bombarding you with ad campaigns and it can be hard to sift through the bull and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s a good habit to compare prices yearly because insurance rates tend to go up over time. Even if you got the lowest price for Boxster insurance a few years ago a different company probably has better rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn one of the quickest ways to find great coverage at a great price.
Save with discounts on 1997 Porsche Boxster insurance
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and also the lesser-known insurance coverage savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off for Boxster insurance with certain companies.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for switching policies before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home may trigger a insurance coverage policy discount because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of providers with discount insurance coverage rates, follow this link.
Free Car Insurance Quotes
Most major insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive quote prices on their websites. Getting quotes doesn’t take much effort as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire into a form. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system will obtain your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote. Being able to quote online makes comparing rates easy, but the time it takes to visit multiple sites and complete many quote forms gets old quite quickly. Unfortunately, it is important to have as many quotes as possible in order to find better prices.
An easier way to lower your car insurance bill uses one form to get prices from several companies at one time. It’s a real time-saver, requires much less work on your part, and makes comparison shopping much more enjoyable. Immediately after submitting the form, it is quoted and you can choose any or none of the returned quotes. If you find a better price you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. It just takes a couple of minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
To compare pricing, click here to open in new window and begin entering your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. This way, you will have a fair comparison using the exact same coverages.
Factors that can influence insurance rates for a Porsche Boxster
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower insurance prices.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate prices.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a quick way to increase your insurance rates. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Insurance companies provide lower rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Pay less after the wedding – Being married helps lower the price on your policy. Marriage usually means you are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Your age impacts your rates – Young drivers tend to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
- Better credit means lower rates – A driver’s credit rating is a large factor in your rate calculation. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1997 Porsche Boxster by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 1997 Porsche Boxster is totaled?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Educate yourself about auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverage types offered by auto insurance companies.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Porsche Boxster.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like pain medications, EMT expenses, dental work and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as legal defense fees, pain and suffering, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive auto insurance
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding, hitting a bird and fire damage. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Feed the piggy bank
The cheapest 1997 Porsche Boxster insurance is attainable on the web and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance coverage companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to shop for insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
When you buy insurance online, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area