Save on 2008 Porsche Boxster Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower car insurance rates for your Porsche Boxster? Overwhelmed by the dozens of car insurance companies? Many other consumers are too. There are so many choices that it can be a challenge to find the lowest price.
If you have car insurance now, you should be able to save some money using this information. The purpose of this post is to help educate you on the best way to quote coverages and some tips to save money. But car owners need to have an understanding of the way insurance companies market on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Don’t miss these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home may trigger a insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% for Boxster coverage with certain companies.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
A partial list of companies that may offer these money-saving discounts are:
Check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be available in your area.
How to Compare Insurance
All major insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm give coverage price quotes on the web. Obtaining pricing is fairly straightforward as you just enter your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system automatically retrieves your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information.
Quoting online helps simplify price comparisons, but the work required to visit a lot of sites and enter the same data into a form is not the best way to spend an afternoon. Unfortunately, it is important to have as many quotes as possible in order to find better prices.
A quicker way to lower your rates uses one form that gets prices from a lot of companies. It saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes quoting online much more enjoyable. As soon as the form is sent, it is quoted and you can choose any of the returned quotes. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can click and sign and buy the policy. The entire process takes 15 minutes at the most and could lower your rates considerably.
In order to compare rates now, click here and enter your information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with your coverages identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison for similar coverage.
Porsche Boxster rates are complex
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that may reward you with better insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the factors insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Porsche. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your insurance pays a claim. The more money you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be for Boxster coverage.
- Pleasure use saves money – The more you drive each year the higher your rates will be. Most companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars that are left in the garage receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your Boxster can cost quite a bit. Verify your insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Your credit rating is important – A driver’s credit score is a huge factor in calculating your insurance rates. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with poor credit. If your credit history is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2008 Porsche Boxster by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- With age comes lower rates – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Teen drivers have a tendency to be more careless behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Where you reside plays a part – Residing in less populated areas can be a good thing when it comes to insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Just one ticket may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have dangerous citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If the Porsche Boxster scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
When might I need help?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Should I rate my 2008 Porsche Boxster as pleasure use or commute?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision – This covers damage to your Boxster resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as driving through your garage door, colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills for things like X-ray expenses, hospital visits, EMT expenses and chiropractic care. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Porsche Boxster.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Liability auto insurance – Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering, legal defense fees, loss of income and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive coverage – This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass, theft and hail damage. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
One last thing
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to reduce 2008 Porsche Boxster insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
When shopping online for insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured dropped full coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim or delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, switching insurance coverage companies can be pretty painless.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area