2012 Nissan Altima Insurance Quotes – 8 Tips for Cheapest Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 1, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better car insurance rates for your Nissan Altima? Purchasing the most affordable car insurance on the internet is problematic for consumers new to shopping for insurance online. When there are so many insurers to choose from, how can you even start to compare the different rates to find the cheapest rates?
It’s important to do rate comparisons on a regular basis since insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the best price for Altima coverage a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. So block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the best ways to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. Finding affordable insurance coverage is not that difficult. But car owners must understand the way insurance companies price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
How much can you save with these eight discounts?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be manually applied before being credited.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization could trigger savings when shopping for auto insurance for Altima coverage.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of insurers with the best auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Comparison
There are several ways of comparing price quotes and find the best price. The simplest method to compare 2012 Nissan Altima insurance prices consists of obtaining rate quotes online. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- The first (and easiest) way to find low rates would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This method keeps you from doing separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. A single, simple form compares rates direct from many companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A different way to get quotes online is spending the time to visit each individual company website and request a quote. For examples sake, let’s assume you want to compare Farmers, GEICO and Progressive. To find out each rate you need to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but double check that you are using identical coverage limits for every quote you compare. If you are comparing different limits and deductibles on each one it’s not possible to make a fair comparison for your Nissan Altima. Having just a slight variation in limits can make a big difference in price. Just remember that more quotes provides better odds of finding a lower rate.
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2012 Nissan Altima?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- If my 2012 Nissan Altima is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Don’t believe everything you hear
Companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO consistently run ads on television and other media. All the ads make an identical promise about savings if you change your coverage to them. How does each company make the same claim?
All the different companies can use profiling for the right customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a driver they prefer could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, is a homeowner, and drives newer vehicles. A customer who fits that profile will get the preferred rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Drivers who fall outside these standards will be quoted a more expensive rate which usually ends up with the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way companies can make the claims of big savings.
This emphasizes why drivers must get as many quotes as possible. It’s impossible to know the company that will provide you with the cheapest Nissan Altima insurance rates.
Specifics of your auto insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverage protection
This covers damage to your Altima from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car, hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hitting a bird. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses, legal defense fees and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for doctor visits, pain medications, dental work and ambulance fees. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Nissan Altima.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like policy cancellation, policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Budget-conscious 2012 Nissan Altima insurance can be found online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
More tips and info about insurance is available by following these links:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area