Cheapest 2012 Mitsubishi Galant Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 24, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you overwhelmed by the crazy number of auto insurance companies? Many other consumers are too. Consumers have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a real challenge to find the best price.
Shopping for the lowest cost coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. Basically, anyone who carries insurance coverage stands a good chance to be able to find better rates. Nevertheless, car owners need to have an understanding of how insurance companies sell online because it can help you find the best coverage.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Quotes
All the larger auto insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive provide insurance quotes online. Obtaining pricing is quite simple as you simply type in your coverage preferences into the quote form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system automatically orders your credit score and driving record and returns a price based on many factors.
Quoting online streamlines rate comparisons, but the work required to visit a lot of sites and type in the same information can be a bit repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to do this in order to find better prices.
Rate comparisons made easy
A quicker way to locate the lowest prices makes use of a single form that obtains quotes from more than one company. This type of form saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes quoting online a lot less work. After sending your information, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick any of the returned quotes.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. It takes 15 minutes at the most and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To compare rates now, click here and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will have comparison quotes for similar coverage.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Car insurance providers like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually stream ads in print and on television. They all have a common claim of big savings after switching your coverage to them. How does each company make almost identical claims?
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that makes them money. For instance, a profitable customer could be between 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and has great credit. A propective insured who meets those qualifications will get very good rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who are not a match for the requirements will be quoted higher premiums which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. That’s the way companies can make those claims.
This emphasizes why drivers should get as many quotes as possible. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on Mitsubishi Galant insurance.
Why your Mitsubishi Galant might be costing you more
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining your car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Always keep insurance in force – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a quick way to pay more for car insurance. And not only will your rates increase, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Your job and insurance rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as doctors, social workers and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates attributed to high stress and long work days. On the other hand, occupations such as scientists, students and performers have the lowest average rates on Galant insurance.
- Your credit rating is important – A driver’s credit score is a large factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit. So if your credit rating is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2012 Mitsubishi Galant by repairing your credit.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both have accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
- Where you live is a factor – Living in a small town is a positive aspect when buying car insurance. City drivers tend to have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents.
- Marriage brings a discount – Getting married can actually save you money when buying car insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more mature and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
Cut prices on Mitsubishi Galant insurance
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but a few must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance on Galant insurance.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for signing up before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of companies offering insurance discounts, click here.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is no-fault insurance?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- If my 2012 Mitsubishi Galant is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2012 Mitsubishi Galant to commute?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Car insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from flooding, theft, hitting a deer, rock chips in glass and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, surgery, nursing services and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things like court costs, bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Galant resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Mitsubishi Galant.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
A tidy conclusion
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can shop for 2012 Mitsubishi Galant insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the best prices are with a small mutual company.
Low-cost insurance is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area