Cheapest 2001 Mitsubishi Galant Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Price shopping your car insurance can seem to be difficult for consumers not familiar with comparison shopping online. People have so many options available that it can be a real challenge to locate the lowest price.
Discounts can save BIG
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but some must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- E-sign – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing on their website.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount on Galant insurance with certain companies.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- Own a Home – Owning a home may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Galant insurance than drivers with accident claims.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will cut the cost of coverage.
Insurance companies that may have these benefits include:
Check with each insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply everywhere.
Auto Insurance Prices
All the larger auto insurance companies quote prices for coverage on their websites. Getting quotes is quite easy as you just type in your coverage information as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system requests information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price based on many factors.
Being able to quote online helps simplify price comparisons, but the time it takes to visit many different websites and fill out multiple forms can be a bit repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the best price on auto insurance.
There is a better way to compare rates
The quickest way to compare auto insurance pricing uses one simple form that gets prices from many companies. The form is fast, eliminates repetitive work, and makes quoting online much more enjoyable and efficient. As soon as the form is sent, your coverage is rated and you can choose your choice of the price quotes you receive.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, it’s easy to complete the application and purchase coverage. It can be completed in less than 10 minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To quickly compare rates now, click here and fill out the form. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will have an apples-to-apples comparison for similar insurance coverage.
Will just any policy work for me?
When buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions can help discover if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- What if I total my 2001 Mitsubishi Galant and owe more than it’s worth?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Specific coverages for a 2001 Mitsubishi Galant
Having a good grasp of insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Mitsubishi Galant.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills such as pain medications, doctor visits and nursing services. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims like loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like falling objects, fire damage, vandalism and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Galant caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
More quotes. Lower rates.
The cheapest 2001 Mitsubishi Galant insurance is available both online as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
We covered a lot of tips how to save on insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional auto insurance information can be found below:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area