Save on 2007 Toyota RAV4 Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 29, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shoppers have many options when shopping for the lowest priced Toyota RAV4 insurance. You can either spend your time driving around trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates. There are more efficient ways to compare insurance coverage rates and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for your Toyota and obtain the lowest possible price from both online companies and local agents.
It’s a great practice to price shop coverage on a regular basis since insurance rates change regularly. Even if you got the lowest price on RAV4 coverage on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad advice regarding insurance coverage online, so with this article, you’re going to get a lot of great tips on how to find cheap insurance coverage.
Buying car insurance is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using this information. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the proper way to shop over the internet.
How much can you save with discounts?
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every available discount very clearly, so we took the time to find both the well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance coverage. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Good Student – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more on RAV4 coverage than drivers with accidents.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents pay less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
How to Compare Insurance
Getting a cheaper price on 2007 Toyota RAV4 insurance can be surprisingly simple. Consumers just need to spend a little time to get quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be done in several different ways.
- Probably the best way consumers can make multiple comparisons would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This method saves time by eliminating separate quotes for each company. One quote request gets rate comparisons from multiple companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- Another way to get comparison quotes consists of going to the website of each company to request a price quote. For sake of this example, let’s say you want comparison quotes from GEICO, Progressive and Travelers. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
- The least recommended method of comparing rate quotes is driving around to local insurance agencies. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the personal advice of a licensed agent. It is possible to find lower rates online but still have the advice of a local agent.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but ensure you are comparing exactly the same coverage limits with every price quote. If you enter different limits and deductibles on each one then you won’t be able to truly determine the lowest rate.
How much car insurance do I need?
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims like court costs, loss of income, structural damage and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Toyota RAV4.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like surgery, dental work, EMT expenses and doctor visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass, hail damage, damage from getting keyed and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Affordable insurance is out there
Discount 2007 Toyota RAV4 insurance is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
People switch companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, policy cancellation, delays in paying claims and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
We just covered a lot of techniques to save on insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area