Cheapest 2010 Toyota RAV4 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 29, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Purchasing the lowest cost car insurance on the web is intimidating for consumers not familiar with price shopping online. Because there are so many choices, how can anyone possibly compare every one to find the best price?
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to save some money using this information. Shopping for affordable car insurance coverage is simple if you know the tricks. But car owners should learn the way insurance companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
The quickest method to get policy rate comparisons is to know the fact most of the larger companies participate in online systems to provide you with a free rate quote. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give the companies some data such as your credit rating estimate, whether you are married, whether you drive to work or school, and if the car is leased. The data gets sent immediately to multiple top-rated companies and they return cost estimate with very little delay.
Can switching companies really save?
Insurance coverage companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO continually stream ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make the same claim of big savings after switching your policy. How does each company make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies can use profiling for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For example, a driver they prefer might be profiled as between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any new insured who matches those parameters receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Consumers who do not match the “perfect” profile will have to pay a higher premium and this can result in the customer not buying. The ads state “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
Because of the profiling, drivers must get as many comparisons as possible. It’s not possible to predict which company will give you the biggest savings on Toyota RAV4 insurance.
Factors influencing Toyota RAV4 insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Understanding what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Careers like doctors, executives and accountants tend to pay higher rates than average attributed to stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations such as farmers, athletes and the unemployed have the lowest average rates for RAV4 insurance.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Most companies provide better rates to people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Discounts for married couples – Being married can get you a discount on your car insurance policy. Having a significant other means you’re more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- More claims means more premium – Car insurance companies award better rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- With age comes lower rates – Youthful drivers tend to be more careless when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Men fork out a little more – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Both sexes have accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
Get lower rates on 2010 Toyota RAV4 insurance
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but some must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance for RAV4 insurance.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Toyota can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will help reduce your premiums.
To see a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts, click here to view.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Coverages available on your policy
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like theft, fire damage, a broken windshield, falling objects and hitting a deer. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Toyota RAV4.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like surgery, chiropractic care, nursing services and EMT expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your RAV4 resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Another option is a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims like legal defense fees, medical expenses, emergency aid and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
The bottom line
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
We just covered many ideas to save on 2010 Toyota RAV4 insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
More information is located at these links:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area