Cheapest 2007 Saturn Sky Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper auto insurance rates for your Saturn Sky? No one in their right mind likes paying for auto insurance, especially knowing the cost is too high.
With consumers having so many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be hard to locate the most cost effective provider.
Compare the Market for Auto Insurance
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways to get quotes and find the best price. The quickest method to compare 2007 Saturn Sky insurance prices is simply to get online rate quotes. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
Probably the best way to get quotes is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This form keeps you from doing a different quote for each company you want a rate for. One form submission will return price quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
A slightly less efficient method to get quotes online is to take the time to go to the website of each company to complete a price quote. For instance, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from Farmers, GEICO and Travelers. You would have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
The least efficient way of getting rate comparisons is driving to local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the professional guidance of a local agent. It is possible to comparison shop online but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll talk about that later.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just be sure to compare apples-to-apples information with each company. If each company quotes different liability limits it will be next to impossible to truly determine the lowest rate. Having just a slight variation in coverages may result in large price differences. It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies helps you find better pricing.
Cut prices on Saturn Sky insurance
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but a few must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay much less as compared to bad drivers.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts are:
- Farm Bureau
- State Farm
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not apply in your area.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Why your Saturn Sky insurance rates may be high
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The more miles you rack up on your Saturn each year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Vehicles not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven. If your policy improperly rates your Sky can result in significantly higher rates.
- High deductibles save money – Your deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The higher the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be on Sky coverage.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Just one moving violation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have severe citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Both sexes are in accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Liability insurance will protect you in the event that you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Saturn is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
The car insurance bait and switch
Companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO regularly use ads on TV and radio. All the ads say the same thing about savings if you move to their company. How do they all make the same claim? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer they prefer to insure. A good example of a desirable insured could possibly be between 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who fall outside this ideal profile will have to pay more money which leads to business not being written. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s the way insurance companies can advertise the savings.
Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to quote coverage with many companies. It’s impossible to know which car insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Saturn Sky insurance rates.
Specific coverages for a Saturn Sky
Learning about specific coverages of insurance aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2007 Saturn Sky.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your Sky from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims like bail bonds, funeral expenses, medical services and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hail damage, falling objects, rock chips in glass and hitting a deer. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses like doctor visits, X-ray expenses, ambulance fees, pain medications and hospital visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Take this to the bank
The cheapest 2007 Saturn Sky insurance is available from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability coverage limits and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
More detailed insurance coverage information can be read in these articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area