Cheapest 2008 Saturn Sky Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding better insurance prices for a Saturn Sky could be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to save time. There is a better way to shop for insurance coverage and we’ll show you the quickest way to get price quotes for a new or used Saturn and obtain the best price possible from local insurance agents and online providers.
You should make it a habit to compare rates once or twice a year since insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the best rates on Sky insurance last year you may be paying too much now. Starting right now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance coverage because you’re about to learn one of the quickest ways to find lower rates on insurance coverage.
Finding the best rates is not rocket science. If you have insurance now or need new coverage, you can use this information to find the best rates and possibly find even better coverage. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the most efficient way to compare price quotes on the web.
Discounts to lower 2008 Saturn Sky insurance rates
Companies do not advertise all available discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find both the well known and also the lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies will give a small break for buying your policy over the internet.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% on Sky insurance depending on your company.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
A partial list of companies that may have these benefits include:
Before buying, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply in every state.
Saturn Sky insurance rates can be determined by these details
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that come into play when calculating insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better insurance coverage rates.
- High deductibles save money – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your Saturn. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more expense you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance on Sky insurance.
- Equipment add-ons that lower insurance coverage rates – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Theft prevention features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder auto theft.
- No coverage gaps is important – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- How high should deductibles be on a 2008 Saturn Sky?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- If my 2008 Saturn Sky is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- What is PIP insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance coverages 101
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Saturn Sky.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability insurance covers things like medical expenses, loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses like funeral costs, hospital visits, pain medications, surgery and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your Sky resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield and falling objects. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Shop. Compare. Save.
You just learned a lot of tips how to get a better price on 2008 Saturn Sky insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
Cheap insurance is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured cut full coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
To read more, link through to the resources below:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area