Cheapest 2007 Porsche Boxster Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance for your Porsche Boxster can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our car insurance buying tips to find lower rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare car insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages for your Porsche and find the cheapest rates.
It’s smart to compare prices before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance rates go up and down regularly. Just because you had the best deal for Boxster insurance on your last policy you will most likely find a better rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out the fastest way to find great coverage at a great price.
Factors that can influence insurance rates for a Porsche Boxster
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are a lot of additional coverages you can purchase on your car insurance policy. Insurance for roadside assistance, better glass coverage and term life insurance are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Liability insurance is the protection in the event that a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes cause accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- Your car insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Jobs such as real estate brokers, social workers and financial analysts have higher average rates because of stressful work requirements and long work hours. Conversely, occupations such as farmers, engineers and retirees get better rates for Boxster insurance.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Having a bad credit rating is a big factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have poor credit. If your credit can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your 2007 Porsche Boxster by improving your credit score.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Not having insurance is against the law and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state DMV.
- Bump up deductibles to save – The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and burglary. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be for Boxster insurance.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Auto Insurance Comparison Rates
Cutting your auto insurance rates is surprisingly easy. Just spend a little time comparing rates from different insurance companies. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The first (and easiest) way consumers can make multiple comparisons would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This form keeps you from doing repetitive form entry for each company. Filling out one form will get you rate comparisons direct from many companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A harder way to find lower rates requires visiting the website for every company you want to comare to complete a price quote. For example, we’ll assume you want rates from Liberty Mutual, Esurance and American Family. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
However you get your quotes, compare apples-to-apples coverage information for every quote you compare. If each company quotes unequal deductibles or liability limits then you won’t be able to determine which rate is truly the best.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when buying auto insurance for Boxster insurance.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less for Boxster insurance than less cautious drivers.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of insurers with the best auto insurance discounts, click this link.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance coverage basics
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability car insurance – Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims like medical services, emergency aid and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
UM/UIM Coverage – This gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Medical costs insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses such as doctor visits, pain medications, chiropractic care, ambulance fees and EMT expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverages – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Boxster resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle, driving through your garage door and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Have the Midas touch
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare 2007 Porsche Boxster insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest premiums are with an unexpected company.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers or even delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, switching insurance coverage companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Low-cost insurance can be purchased both online in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. Some companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area